• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

iqr 440/600 ves help?

Aug 26, 2010
hey guys i need some help here i was wondering what i need to put a my 2001 600 ves motor in my 2005 iqr chassis. will my 440 pipe and can work? or do i have to buy one? and if so what do i get ? and what do i need to run air stock air box ? thanks

B
Nov 26, 2007
Salt Lake City

Should go in pretty easy because both are small block motors. You will need a 600 pipe and probably CDI. Motor mount should work with no mods. If the 440 was carbed then air box should be pretty close too. You may need to use the 440 carb adapters on the 600 due to the way the motor is mounted and length of adapters. All a mater of trial and error. Use parts from the 440 if you have any problems. Before you change too much, mock it all up to see if one change affects something else. When I installed my XCR in a Gen II. I found that by sliiding the motor to the left a little the air box fit with no mods.

Last edited:

Fast Rider

Lifetime Membership
Mar 12, 2010
Bonney Lake, WA
The 600VES motor requires a shim kit and different carb boots (don't quote me on the boots) but drops right in using your existing 440 motor straps and mounts. You will need a y-pipe from a 600HO (fusion or iq 600) but your 440 pipe can be mounted to this. If you plan on running WOT for more than a few seconds, you will need to open up the stinger on the existing pipe to 36mm (and modify the u-tube to accept the mod) or get a 600R or RR exhaust setup. Hardcoresledder dot com has the best info on the IQR's.

Fast Rider

Lifetime Membership
Mar 12, 2010
Bonney Lake, WA
Dynoport has singles for the 600RR which will work. You can find twins from racers. Also Niels builds pipes to your applications

Premium Features