• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MTNTK'S "THE FIX KIT" FOR Polaris 800 PRO's

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

440dart

Jan 5, 2008
montana
Says another "milk on his breath" kid! LOL

Its usally the old farts calling us younger guys ignorant because 75% of the time we are. Just because iam young dosnt mean iam dumb if you have seen my cummins powerd derby car or my fzr600 powerd zuzuki wheeler my 11sec 4door granny car really thats just to name a few. I have a passion for anything with an engine makeing it faster or more powerfull iam luckey to have what i have and have a place with all the tools that i need to do the things i like to do.

P
Aug 14, 2011
Duluth, MN
Haha you guys are funny as hell! This is WAY off topic but its been entertaining. Seems like its been said but difficult to find though all your guys arguing between the D8's, the Pros, the young, and the old.

Some D8 motors run, others don’t. Mine has 2100 miles, no scoring/sloppy pistons. I am one of the lucky ones so far. Sled is still bone stock (except all factory reflashes and double ring piston update) but for insurance, The Fix is looking pretty inviting soon as i get some $. Its been proven on the CFI 4s.

The Pros are running amazing. There will always be the few exceptions but Polaris did a great job with the new sleds. If you don’t agree with that statement, buy "The Fix" for your pro. Its an option following the same concept as the D8 Fix. That’s what PMS is offering.

Ha my second day 18.... You guys are all old to me :face-icon-small-con

Last edited:

WyoPro

Lifetime Membership
Sep 19, 2008
Laramie, WY
I havnt owned a d8 i was luckey i couldnt get one at the time or i would have one ive been those shoes before in another situation. Iam not bashing the pro its un-proven i plan on owning a pro as the reveiws are endless on how awsome it is.

Un-proven? I'd beg to differ...multiple guys, myself included have around or more then 2,000 miles on this chassis/engine and have encountered no serious issues with either...You're worse than a staff rider at one of those ditch bangin' sledding magazines back east. Keep reading those reviews...

As far as this "fix" for the engine...it might very well increase the longevity of the CFI-2 just as PMS are claiming it did for the CFI-4...but with the way Polaris is shortening the leash on their warranty claims signifigantly, I'm not touching mine. Even if it was 99.9% not the use of this kit that cause an engine failure, if it did indeed happen, that's all it would take to get a real quick "no way" from Poo...

S

sledrush

Oct 27, 2008
Colorado
The Fix Kit uses different pistons to change the side loading on the skirts.
Doesn't change the compression or timing on the ports.
They haven't had any motors go down after doing the fix.
It is a proven FIX for the CFI 4 800 Polaris Motors.

No more beer can pistons rattling up and down sprinkler pipe cylinders.
Don't jump up and down crying foul til you've researched it. It works.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Sweet. Thank you.

P

PalousePoo

Nov 26, 2007
Farmington, Wash.
Dart, and other youngsters, i DID NOT call you stupid because you are young, read my post again. My point was you keep bashing polaris's screw ups again and again and again and it gets real old, hearing you say that every year. I suggested this may be due to some immaturity. Howerever, you are far from stupid, and you do make a point. I will skip over your posts to avoid being frustrated in my old age.

I

IDAHO HOT SHOT

Jan 21, 2009
South of Bellevue...way south
and dart, it has nothing to do with you being young or old, it has everything to do with you jumping up and down and screaming as loud as possible in EVERY thread that is remotely (and sometime not at all) related to the polaris motor. yes we ALL get it at this point that you believe there are some major issues with polaris motors. thanks for your input and opinion, you have made your point enough times. it doesn't need to be made continuously. it just starts to sound like b!tching and really makes you sound rather young.

I know right i should shut my mouth because we are all rich, we can go out and buy 4 or 5 sets of jugs and pistons each year because we are ok with polaris engine.

Iam not happy with it and iam going to voice my opinion every chance i get you dont like it dont read it not my fault the truth hurts

Even my defiant 3 year old shuts up after a while...

800poodragon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, Montana
Haha you guys are funny as hell! This is WAY off topic but its been entertaining. Seems like its been said but difficult to find though all your guys arguing between the D8's, the Pros, the young, and the old.

Some D8 motors run, others don’t. Mine has 2100 miles, no scoring/sloppy pistons. I am one of the lucky ones so far. Sled is still bone stock (except all factory reflashes and double ring piston update) but for insurance, The Fix is looking pretty inviting soon as i get some $. Its been proven on the CFI 4s.

The Pros are running amazing. There will always be the few exceptions but Polaris did a great job with the new sleds. If you don’t agree with that statement, buy "The Fix" for your pro. Its an option following the same concept as the D8 Fix. That’s what PMS is offering.

Ha my second day 18.... You guys are all old to me :face-icon-small-con

well I am 50 years old...I snowchecked an 08 dragon which has almost 4000 miles on it now....my wife rides it and I snowchecked an 11 pro which I have 1300 miles on it now. Both sleds have run basically flawless since I purchased them and I am 50 years old....where does that put me??

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
well I am 50 years old...I snowchecked an 08 dragon which has almost 4000 miles on it now....my wife rides it and I snowchecked an 11 pro which I have 1300 miles on it now. Both sleds have run basically flawless since I purchased them and I am 50 years old....where does that put me??

Easy on the throttle? :face-icon-small-hap

M

mynewuseddoo

May 28, 2009
Shuswap
Wow, heat in the pro section. Got the young and the old both acting like children, nice. Entertaining to read though.......JERRY, JERRY, JERRY, JERRY!!!!!

On a more topic related note.....should'a bought a cat lol!!!

Sorry, I had to:)

rmk727

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2008
SO.DAK
chances are I'll be skipping over a couple of these folks from now on but as far as the young old thing goes,
BEEN THERE AND DONE THAT SONNY

440dart

Jan 5, 2008
montana
Dart, and other youngsters, i DID NOT call you stupid because you are young, read my post again. My point was you keep bashing polaris's screw ups again and again and again and it gets real old, hearing you say that every year. I suggested this may be due to some immaturity. Howerever, you are far from stupid, and you do make a point. I will skip over your posts to avoid being frustrated in my old age.

Thats just it you dont get my point, i dont even own a d8 but i guess careing for others makes me a bad guy/idoiot ect these days. I bash polairs screw ups because its people like you that are ok with dealing with polaris screw ups clearly iam not if i spent 11k on a new sled i shouldnt worry about my engine cruizing down the trail, or weather i should buy this "fix" after all i just spent 11k. Do you go down to the chevy dealer buy a truck an exspect to rod bearing in it in 5,000mi well i guess in your case you would.

sled rush posted this I just made the switch from cat. Wasnt aware that there was a problem.Can someone get me up to par real quick without spending hours of researching old threads?? So what does this do for the compression? How thick is the shim? Fueling adjustments, etc? Thanks in advance.

Luckily hes not on a d8 but he clearly knew nothing of the polaris engine issue its people like rush that are the ones who become victums, so yes iam going to keep pressing this as an issue iam not going to keep letting it slide like its ok, i will tell them its the best chassis in the world but you got a ticking timb bomb under the hood just buy at your own risk rather then unknowingly buy a ticking time bomb.

440dart

Jan 5, 2008
montana
Un-proven? I'd beg to differ...multiple guys, myself included have around or more then 2,000 miles on this chassis/engine and have encountered no serious issues with either...You're worse than a staff rider at one of those ditch bangin' sledding magazines back east. Keep reading those reviews...

exactly what happend with the dragon only a couple were breaking down but once there was a crapload of dragons out there it became very apparent that there was an issue thats why i say un-proven.

O

Oregonsledder

Jan 27, 2009
Bend Oregon
Thats just it you dont get my point, i dont even own a d8 but i guess careing for others makes me a bad guy/idoiot ect these days. I bash polairs screw ups because its people like you that are ok with dealing with polaris screw ups clearly iam not if i spent 11k on a new sled i shouldnt worry about my engine cruizing down the trail, or weather i should buy this "fix" after all i just spent 11k. Do you go down to the chevy dealer buy a truck an exspect to rod bearing in it in 5,000mi well i guess in your case you would.

sled rush posted this I just made the switch from cat. Wasnt aware that there was a problem.Can someone get me up to par real quick without spending hours of researching old threads?? So what does this do for the compression? How thick is the shim? Fueling adjustments, etc? Thanks in advance.

Luckily hes not on a d8 but he clearly knew nothing of the polaris engine issue its people like rush that are the ones who become victums, so yes iam going to keep pressing this as an issue iam not going to keep letting it slide like its ok, i will tell them its the best chassis in the world but you got a ticking timb bomb under the hood just buy at your own risk rather then unknowingly buy a ticking time bomb.

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt, and assume your intention is genuine... and that is to save the free world from those IED (improvised explosive device LOL) Polaris 800 engines. The problem with guys like you and Wyoboy, is that if you had an intelligent point to make it was lost and wasted after about 50 attempts to say the same thing and get anyone to listen to you.

If you were seeing that your points were being accepted and believed I suspect you would be satisfied and go onto some other world saving quest, but since you keep beating the same old drum, it’s clear you can see , that few even listen to your points on this subject any more. Most readers of this site have long ago made up their minds concerning the reliability and power of the Polaris 800 engine, whether Edge era, Dragon era, or now the PRO era. I can assure you that you can keep on posting this same old tired spew and few will even consider your thoughts.

Keep pounding away if it makes you happy. Polaris just keeps on selling more and more 800’s to happy satisfied customers, regardless of your attempts to sway people away.

Super Dave3

Lifetime Membership
Feb 15, 2003
Klamath Falls OR
I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt, and assume your intention is genuine... and that is to save the free world from those IED (improvised explosive device LOL) Polaris 800 engines. The problem with guys like you and Wyoboy, is that if you had an intelligent point to make it was lost and wasted after about 50 attempts to say the same thing and get anyone to listen to you.

If you were seeing that your points were being accepted and believed I suspect you would be satisfied and go onto some other world saving quest, but since you keep beating the same old drum, it’s clear you can see , that few even listen to your points on this subject any more. Most readers of this site have long ago made up their minds concerning the reliability and power of the Polaris 800 engine, whether Edge era, Dragon era, or now the PRO era. I can assure you that you can keep on posting this same old tired spew and few will even consider your thoughts.

Keep pounding away if it makes you happy. Polaris just keeps on selling more and more 800’s to happy satisfied customers, regardless of your attempts to sway people away.

^^^^^^ What he said, could not agree more.

Premium Features