• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

RMSHA Newbie Questions

SLDHVN

Premium Member
Mar 7, 2008
Sled Heaven
Hey all,
I am thinking about trying the Lost Trail Hillclimb this weekend. I have a bone stock 2011 Pro Rmk, I have a few questions about my set up though.

I wanted to run an Assault Comp track but I guess it will not work in the stock class, tho I could run the Improved and Mod classes with it.

Or I could just run my 5.1 polaris track but im not sure about how well that will work out, but I could run all 3 Semi Pro Classes that way.

Any Ideas or suggestions?

Thanks
Andrew

Racer220

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
43.463558, -110.762496
If you want to keep it simple and get the experience of running here's a few suggestions. Keep the sled stock i.e. basically the way you pulled it out of the box as far as parts are concerned. You can change clutching/gearing, and have revalved shocks, but NO removing anything, replacing stuff with anything other than stock OEM parts. Suck your limiter strap up and bring all the safety gear - helmet, tekvest, knee/shin gaurds and make sure you have a working tether. If you want to run screws in the stock track you probably could without having to trim it down, but tunnel protection is a must. Only takes one screw to punch a hole in the coolers. The experience is one of a kind, so come on out and try it. Lost Trail is a great hill.

racer

Keith517

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
I would run it stock so you can run all 3 classes. Put screws in the track and it will work pretty well. I ran a stock M7 my first year with the stock track and screws and i did good.

Racer220

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
43.463558, -110.762496
You can't run in the stock class with a 155" Polaris Assault Track?

You can run that track if you have an Assault. You can't put an Assault track on a regular Pro or you will have to bump up to Improved Stick. I would have to double check but I think in stock you have to run the OEM model track that is specified for the sled. I think the Assault had the option of the powder or the hard lug track, so I'm assuming either would work on that model sled. Wish I had my ISR book handy.

Premium Features