• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Spent the 11th Annual Ladies Ride on a PRO-Ride!

C

CoyoteGirl

Nov 26, 2007
Washington
www.brandyfloyd.com
Oh my goodness is this sled FUN! My little Naomi lost a lower rod bearing on the crank. We found this out at 9pm the night before I was to leave for the 11th Annual Ladies Ride in Halfway, OR. I called in a favor and spent the funnest 3 days of powder I've had in a while (not hard to do with the winter we've had so far... lmao) on the PRO chassis. It was non-stop :roll:.

Jumping this thing is so fun! We found about an acre of hill covered in BUMPS, I think I hit about 50 of them and had the energy to keep on going. :rockon:

A HUGE thank you to Washington DSM Larry and Pierre's Polaris for making this happen for me! :heart:

Thanks to Lynne for the great pictures! :D

bpow.jpg

b2-1.jpg

bsun.jpg

b3-1.jpg

b3.jpg

b4.jpg

b5.jpg

b6.jpg

b7.jpg

b8.jpg

b9.jpg

b2-1.jpg

b4-1.jpg

Last edited:
C

CoyoteGirl

Nov 26, 2007
Washington
www.brandyfloyd.com
I loved it. It is so easy toooo maneauver...

This one is brand spankin' new so I'm not sure if that will make a difference in how the power feels when it gets broken in?? Coming off of my 7 I expected more snap? But it definitely tractored along. Judging side by side with a 700 it definitely went higher on the hills.

I so love how it feels under me, from just standing on it to jumping. I haven't jumped so much as a ditch this year and hit some decent sized bumps with straight landings each time. I love hitting things off camber and bringing myself out of it straight. Just too fun of a chassis!

Biggest thing I noticed over the 3 days is my feet stayed put. And that has 2 meanings to it. One the stock boards are GREAT at removing snow. I didn't slip once and I was always covered in snow! 2nd is that you don't have to tap dance all over the sled to get it to dance for you. Generally I felt in control and that it did what I wanted it to do with my legs strattled and up close to the footwells. AND I didn't have that fear of getting my feet in the footwells and not being able to get them out.

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
Coyote Girl:
The power/snappiness of the Pro will indeed change as it is broken in. First you start off with extra oil in the tank and the ethanol plug "in". Then the way i understand it, and speaking from experience...at about 2 hours, a resister burns off and ups the performance quite a bit. Then you can run non-ethanol in it and remove/replace the ethanol switch with the non-ethanol switch and thats when the fun starts :). There is a huge performance difference between where you start brand spanking new, and where you end up.

Then the only thing you have to worry about, is how to explain the humongous grin on you face...makes peeps wonder what you've been up to.

Cheers!

T

Trenchmaster

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta
I loved it. It is so easy toooo maneauver...

This one is brand spankin' new so I'm not sure if that will make a difference in how the power feels when it gets broken in?? Coming off of my 7 I expected more snap? But it definitely tractored along. Judging side by side with a 700 it definitely went higher on the hills.

I so love how it feels under me, from just standing on it to jumping. I haven't jumped so much as a ditch this year and hit some decent sized bumps with straight landings each time. I love hitting things off camber and bringing myself out of it straight. Just too fun of a chassis!

Biggest thing I noticed over the 3 days is my feet stayed put. And that has 2 meanings to it. One the stock boards are GREAT at removing snow. I didn't slip once and I was always covered in snow! 2nd is that you don't have to tap dance all over the sled to get it to dance for you. Generally I felt in control and that it did what I wanted it to do with my legs strattled and up close to the footwells. AND I didn't have that fear of getting my feet in the footwells and not being able to get them out.

Funny you should mention this, my left leg looks like the elephant mans after getting it stuck in my Dragon's foot well. Mint 08 800 Dragon for sale, 2011 RMK purchased!! I tryed out a buddies Pro before trashing my knee and my decision was made.

Last edited:

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
Coyote Girl:

You probably already know this....but just in case... :)

When you fill up with non-ethanol fuel, just don't forget to change out the "ethanol plug" under the hood on the left side. The other plug is in the little tool bag behind the driven clutch. Kind of hard to get to, but doable.

Have fun!

Premium Features