• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bog from 5100-5400 RPM

06 RMK 900

Oct 20, 2008
Mandan, North Dakota
hey all just on my way back home from West Yellowstone. Rode 3 hard days. On the second day I started having this bog. It would only happen from time to time and as soon as I give it the nuts it would snap out of it and wouldn't do it for ahwile. Then all of a sudden it would start doing it again.

Well Yesterday morning when I first started it up it didn't do it for about a half hour. Then it started doing it again. I changed plugs and that helped for a couple hours. I noticed it started doing it again after I held it pinned for some time when I was drag racing someone. If I go from a stop to Wot it will not do it. Also if I shut the sled and let it sit for a few minutes, when I start it and drive if i don't go over it seems like 6800 RPMs it doesn't do it. It seems to be doing it after I hold it at WOT or close to.

My clutching seemed to be right on for where I was. I was thinking power valvues but am not sure where to start looking????

markoo

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Southern Alberta
Sticky pump

Mine did it only when it got good and warm. the oil pump would stick once and a while. not the cable just the pump. Sticky exhaust valves might make it bog too.

sleddude

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima WA
My 900 did something similar to this, same RPM etc. I cleaned the exhaust valves and by-passed the exhaust valve solenoid.

06 RMK 900

Oct 20, 2008
Mandan, North Dakota
Well took PV out and cleaned them. I'm starting to think this is not my issue because they didn't seem to be that dirty. There was some pretty sticky crap on it but not much.

Would the TPS cause this?

D
Nov 27, 2007
Food for thought, I had a real bad bog at about 6500 - 6800 ish Found out that the bushing / sleeve that the guillitines are in was worn out.. Replaced, prob solved...

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
i would start with the TPs setting, maybe TPS harness..

i had a simplar issue in Revy, but cant remember what i figured out it was...ill post back when i get some think time.

06 RMK 900

Oct 20, 2008
Mandan, North Dakota
this may be stupid but I think i have the oiler set wrong. Is the oiler level suppose to be set so it springs all the way back to where it completly stops?

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
this may be stupid but I think i have the oiler set wrong. Is the oiler level suppose to be set so it springs all the way back to where it completly stops?

WTF.

umm no..the pump lever should be adjusted basically in the middle of its rotation, there are lines engraved in the arm, and on the pump housing that should be lined up...

06 RMK 900

Oct 20, 2008
Mandan, North Dakota
WTF.

umm no..the pump lever should be adjusted basically in the middle of its rotation, there are lines engraved in the arm, and on the pump housing that should be lined up...

Ha, I bet that could be my problem. To come to think of it after i put on my new throttle cable is when this problem started. I honestly don't think my pump arm has a notch on it tho. Would anyone have a picture to how it's suppose to look set correctly?

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Ha, I bet that could be my problem. To come to think of it after i put on my new throttle cable is when this problem started. I honestly don't think my pump arm has a notch on it tho. Would anyone have a picture to how it's suppose to look set correctly?

this isnt the best pic, but the only one i have of an oil pump. the marks that are in RED are the ones i am referring too..exact location of them, and they should be lined up to make a straight line across...

pump.jpg

06 RMK 900

Oct 20, 2008
Mandan, North Dakota
this isnt the best pic, but the only one i have of an oil pump. the marks that are in RED are the ones i am referring too..exact location of them, and they should be lined up to make a straight line across...

pump.jpg

Nice!!! I bet this is my problem. I know it's not set like that. Will have to take that lever off and clean it and see if I can find a mark.

Premium Features