• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

dream trailer, what would you put in it?

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I am having a custom trailer built and wondering what some of your ideas have been or would do if you could build your own trailer. Some of mine include, running a 7' ceiling with a drop ceiling and running heater ducting through ceiling and down walls. Walls will be 3-4 between outer skin and inside wall to run ducting. Also would like to try and rig up in floor heating like they have in houses. These are a couple ideas, would like to hear of things you wish your trailer had so when I build mine I can have it all decked out. thanx

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
doc zooms ultimate trailer pretty much has everything you could possibly want. heating, cabinets, good lighting, and built in fuel storage are on the top of my list.

W
Dec 16, 2009
5th wheel
insulated
heat
sleeping area over the bed
gear/hang out area up front (8 feet)
doors separating hang out area and garage.
garage area 12 ft (just 2 sleds)

440dart

Jan 5, 2008
montana
what would i have in my trailer hmmmmm

2 hot blondes 2 hot redheads 2 hot brunettes 2 tricked out pros "turboed" one with a 174 and one with a 155 and 1000gal of racefuel and oil

what else could you ask for:face-icon-small-hap

M
Sep 14, 2010
iowa
Already have a the flip up brass pole. Yes its cool as heck. Just need the blondes, redheads, and a burnet or two. Also good jug of whiskey. Fuel system filled with Klotz gas. "That stuff smells so tasty". I heat system That takes up almost no room. Heater also has to heat up fast.

LAst but the least, plenty of good friends that like to ride sleds as much as I do. Willing to get stuck with you to help you out of a good stuck. These friends are what make sledding the most fun. And good thing they are around to ride with!

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
its kinda spendy(but your building a custom trailer)

they sell radiant heat matting you can but down below tile in houses, its electric and will get it nice and toasty.. warm floar, evaps all the melty snow out.. keeps everything fresh and dry.. not sure about on a 12v system.. might need a generator to run it thought.. details details details.

good heating/insulation. storage for gear/tools. spare fuel is a must.

and I agree with another, 5th wheel would be sick, they tow 10000x better IMO. and especially in something thats most likely gonna be a bit long, makes swinging around in the parking lot a ton better then the old bumper pull.

noxis

Premium Member
Sep 21, 2009
trailer

We bought a 38 foot featherlight gooseneck the generator, fuel tank, batteries and leaveling system are above the gooseneck. we had a trailer place put in nice cabinets stove and shower. Has full living quartes in it with 2 40000 btu heaters. Fold down bunks in back. works good at home here slept in it all fall. i can still get 4 163 in there with lots of room to spare

R

Rhinohunter

Jan 2, 2008
Emigrant,Montana
We bought a 38 foot featherlight gooseneck the generator, fuel tank, batteries and leaveling system are above the gooseneck. we had a trailer place put in nice cabinets stove and shower. Has full living quartes in it with 2 40000 btu heaters. Fold down bunks in back. works good at home here slept in it all fall. i can still get 4 163 in there with lots of room to spare

Maybe you could post some pics for us??

superfly333

Lifetime Membership
Oct 20, 2008
MN
Tools for anything you could break, place to put organized parts, heat, shelves for all your stuff, nice bright lights, and plenty of room.

←snow∞motion→

Lifetime Membership
Jan 18, 2010
WY
I still think the key fob from your truck when it locks all the doors on the trailer lock....could wire it thru the Seven pin plug maybe??

I don't know seem scary. If someone hooks onto your "locked" trailer, all they would have to do is unlock their rig and they could get into the trailer.

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
simple really..best thing of all, a small wet bar that folds down, along with fold down couches...and best of all....6-8 bikini clad beauties to lounge around with when you're not riding....

Racer220

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
43.463558, -110.762496
You said 'Dream' right??

Gotta go with the full LQ up front. I am semi-close with my current setup (not really), but am lacking the pizazz, BLING effect of what I really want.

Living Quarters:
Lounge, kitchen, bath, dining, and sleeper in the gooseneck. Flat screen TV/DVD, surround sound and any other accessory for hangin out. Heating/AC for staying comfortable.

Shop area:
Transporter style cabinets full of any tool you need to build a sled/shocks/etc...
Hydraulic lift to stack additional sleds during transport. Beam with lift for lifting sleds/motors.
'HVAC' system for drying gear/heating shop area. Fuel storage. Full electrical, and plumbed for compressed air. Full halogens outside for night time setups. Custom vinyl doors for when the ramp is open

I think this would suffice without getting too greedy :eyebrows:

Quest_LQ.jpg

Dream trailer has to probably come with the dream truck right?
dealer3.jpg

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dont think so, the truck would have to be wired for it.

Agree with Thistle, how would they know the 2 are connected. Highly doubt they would.

After talking with my trailer guy(will be doing some more plans) we are looking to run the heat duct below the trailer and have the ducts at floor level, but some how figure a way to have them in the wall right at floor level. The bottom of the trailer will be spray insulated to retain the heat. Still looking into the in floor heating to keep the ice off the floor. bit of a challenge with that one. I will have a generator built into the trailer. It along with the heater and batteries/inverter will be built into the floor some how. Also looking to have one of them wind up hose reels for the electric cord so i dont' have to lug around a 15-20' cord in the trailer. my nash trailer had a amp/sub combo and even though they were powered down, my batteries (brand new 6 volt deep cycle batteries) were low after half a day. I'm guessing some how they were being drained by amp/sub combo. My last trailer with heater only lasted 3 1/2 days running non stop without plugging in. I want to have the custom cabinets and have plug outlets in each cabinet so I can my radios in there charging up while at home and plugged into the house. I am also looking into a samsung keypad dead bolt set up. Its like the new ford lincolns where the numbers are hidden until you touch the keypad and then it lights up. Also going to have 20" wheels to match'the truck. I don't sleep in the trailer(have a 40' toy hauler for that) I want to have lots and lots of led lights on outside and inside the trailer as well. Looking into the rumber flooring as well. Sorry for the book. trailer build starts next week. kinda giddy.

any chick with any kind of hair color would probably be a no go, or the wifey will make me sleep in the trailer in which case the beds and all those extra goodies might come in handy. Since she's letting me build this trailer, I'll be nice to her. 5th wheel is also outta the picture, truck has 8" lift and I can't haul my toy hauler(wasn't really thinking when I put the lift on) but it sure looks good. any other ideas with a little bit of practical use is greatly appreciated. practical being something that won't get me divorced.

Premium Features