• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

NEW SLED PICS/SUMMER PROJECT BUILDS

M

maddog21

Mar 19, 2008
Charter Oak, Iowa
I was doing a work on yamaha that i bought with bad motor and i bought a 600 triple last weekend but I gotta to sell it cuz I want my $$ back to cover my truck repair. just found out I got a hole in gear box today. will cost me about a grand for new part. I do have some $$ but need it for seeds and fertilizer for next spring that will be my first to farm my own corns and soybeans!

yamaha2.jpg

Steelman

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2009
snowexhaust.ggb.ca
Is maddog21 the only person? Hate that you have to sale maddog21. Hope things work out and you can finish it and post some pics for us.

M
Dec 5, 2007
Project for sure here

Bought this tunnel/bulkhead as a new bare unit (nothing bolted or rivited to it when it came home. Couple pics after installing trailing arm mounts, shock tower mounts and steering hoop/stem etc. Sled is now in the corner finished and waiting for weather. Every single part is used and purchased online for the most part. Nice project. My boy will get to ride this one.

CHASSIS 001.JPG CHASSIS 002.JPG

Steelman

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2009
snowexhaust.ggb.ca
Bought this tunnel/bulkhead as a new bare unit (nothing bolted or rivited to it when it came home. Couple pics after installing trailing arm mounts, shock tower mounts and steering hoop/stem etc. Sled is now in the corner finished and waiting for weather. Every single part is used and purchased online for the most part. Nice project. My boy will get to ride this one.

Keep us updated on your build!!! Make sure to post pics as you go. :face-icon-small-hap

X

X2Freeride

Jan 25, 2009
I was doing a work on yamaha that i bought with bad motor and i bought a 600 triple last weekend but I gotta to sell it cuz I want my $$ back to cover my truck repair. just found out I got a hole in gear box today. will cost me about a grand for new part. I do have some $$ but need it for seeds and fertilizer for next spring that will be my first to farm my own corns and soybeans!

There is no way a new chain case is going to cost you 1000 dollars. Try looking for a used one's

Steelman

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2009
snowexhaust.ggb.ca
There is no way a new chain case is going to cost you 1000 dollars. Try looking for a used one's

I agree, ask around the site. There is alot of help on here. If you need help, let X2freeride or I know. We can get with some of the other Mod. and help you.:face-icon-small-hap

M

maddog21

Mar 19, 2008
Charter Oak, Iowa
I mean its for my truck. new transfer case cost around $1200 so Im gonna go look for a used one.
sorry to get you guys confused

X

X2Freeride

Jan 25, 2009
I mean its for my truck. new transfer case cost around $1200 so Im gonna go look for a used one.
sorry to get you guys confused

AH! that makes a lot more sense now. I could see a new transfer case being about that price wise. Id say you should be able to find one of those cheaper too. What truck do you have? I know some people in IA that may be able to help you get a used one for cheaper.

M

maddog21

Mar 19, 2008
Charter Oak, Iowa
AH! that makes a lot more sense now. I could see a new transfer case being about that price wise. Id say you should be able to find one of those cheaper too. What truck do you have? I know some people in IA that may be able to help you get a used one for cheaper.

I bought a transfer case for $350 today! its a used one, came from 2001 silverado 1500. I got it in Baxter.

Premium Features