• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Van Amburg or CR Racing

A

APEX320

Mar 3, 2009
ALBERTA
Which 174 " tunnel seems to be holding up the best. I will be packing a 5 gallon jug 40kms into Kakwa each time just to the lake.

I

IRONMAN

Nov 26, 2007
I pack 5gal can on the back of my CR 174 all the time, on the rough trails at high speed, and even up the odd chute:face-icon-small-win

←snow∞motion→

Lifetime Membership
Jan 18, 2010
WY
Well can't help you on the weight info, but I'll tell you this good luck ordering VA, emailed them 3 weeks ago about placing an order, still waiting on a reply. CR's got my business.

Transporter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta
If you have a rivet gun and welder you should be fine with whatever choice you make.

Transporter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta
A Welder? I installed my CR tunnel quite easily and not sure what you need a welder for.

But I used my air riveter, you need one of those for sure. Quite easy to install. Looks slick as well.

To repair them when they start cracking, I think stock is stronger but might not look as nice.

M

modsledr

Nov 26, 2007
Western WA
If you're in Canada, CR...and call Chad and have him make it out of .080 instead of .064. Shoot NM a pm and ask him about it.

If you're in the US, give Brad Wursten at Power Addiction Racing a call (he is 1200psi on SW). He makes his tunnels out of .090...but you didn't say what it was for...Brad does not make an Apex tunnel yet.

dexter

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2007
cr for sure. the fit is pertect, install is easy and customer service is good. I pack a 4 gal jug with no problems. i think chad is the leader in aftermarket tunnels, just look at how many are out there.

G

GRAHAM

Sep 2, 2008
Clovis cali.
Lets face it were compairing Ford to chevy, mercedez to bmw, on and on.... I run both on my sleds the CR for a do'it your self kinda guy is a easy choice Chad takes all the guess work out for the customer, alignment holes, suspension holes and location everything.(however they are about $500 more so you are charged for this work) VanAmburg requires locating and installing shaft holes rivit location alighnment and suspension holes so you need a lil knowledge to get it done corectley. they're both AWSOME tunnels and built to last. Im sure there is some other tunnels out there but in all fairness they're ALL an upgrade to that stock P.O.S. Both are very different in looks ,very equal in performance. I would choose on personal preference (looks) and your own skill level (ability to install)

J

JSCC

Nov 26, 2004
Huntsville,Ut
We have a VE on our Nytro.........if I had to do it all over again, it would be another VE. Plus their U-cooler is off the hook!

08nytromtxa

Dec 17, 2007
tisdale saskatchewan
tunnel

never had a van amburg tunnel but my vote is for cr. suspension mounted up good with stock and timbersled. looks good. haul 5 gal of gas and never had to re-rivot or weld anything.

Transporter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta
stop trying to load your sled in your truck with the tail gate closed , then you might not crack them

Wiseguy hey....I must have bought the first model before they improved them just like everything else I bought for that sled that was shiny.Aluminum checkerplate is my friend.

Premium Features