• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

I ordered the PCV yesterday, what to expect from those who have run it?

Thread Rating
4.00 star(s)
D

dub

Mar 15, 2004
Moxee WA
I have been having problem with the sled being loaded up big time right after it's started, never a problem when idleing just after starting.

Wondering how well this controller works and if it will take care of this issue?

08poo800

Nov 26, 2007
Shakopee, MN
Pcv

Dub,

I ran my 08 D8 in MN after the 2010 upgrade and it was terrible in the midrange. Prior to a trip to the Snowies last week I installed a PCV. The sled ran very well with the exception of at idle. It idled very low for some reason, so I would just shut it down or just keep riding it.

I am going to check with Dynotech to see if he has anything to say about it.

I am sure you will be happy with the PCV.

A

akrevrider

Jan 15, 2008
Wasilla, Alaska
Ordered mine through DTR and have been happy with the results after the update and now the latest flash. Jim at DTR has been responsive in building a good map for the latest flash that Polaris releases.

He has dynoed the latest map & has a lot of riders testing the latest map to make accurate adjustments for it to perform well. Well worth the $ IMO.

http://www.dynotechresearch.com/

Good luck,

akrevider

Last edited:
D

dub

Mar 15, 2004
Moxee WA
Mine runs great with acception of the idle right now, so I hope this cures it!

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Did you set up the T.P.S setting on your powercommander?? If you didn't then it will be adding fuel at idle causing your low end/idle problems.

I didn't even realize that was there. Is this done with the sled on and connected to a laptop?

A

akrevrider

Jan 15, 2008
Wasilla, Alaska
I didn't even realize that was there. Is this done with the sled on and connected to a laptop?

Yes it is done with a laptop on the sled with it running.

1 Select Power Commander Tools Calibrate Throttle Position.

2 Verify the engine is running.

3 With the throttle closed, click Reset.

4 Fully open the throttle and close it. The open throttle value will be stored.

The open and closed number can be changed manually to fine tune.
5 Click OK.

Good luck,

akrevrider

K
Nov 26, 2007
colorado
does everyone have to do this, I thought it was a (just plug and play). I bought one from slp with the new program, and I felt no change , I cant hit over 7500 rpm in the powder, and Ive put in a new helix, 3 delrin washers , have slp single, high flow air kit, blue pink spring, mtx weights with no rivets , new secondary spring, sure wish i could just hit 8100 rpm or more, I've put in a new primary bushing and adjusted my belt to sheave. Im riding at 10k plus

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
does everyone have to do this, I thought it was a (just plug and play). I bought one from slp with the new program, and I felt no change , I cant hit over 7500 rpm in the powder, and Ive put in a new helix, 3 delrin washers , have slp single, high flow air kit, blue pink spring, mtx weights with no rivets , new secondary spring, sure wish i could just hit 8100 rpm or more, I've put in a new primary bushing and adjusted my belt to sheave. Im riding at 10k plus

for the pc v to operate correctly you should calibrate the tp position. that is one of the main factors it uses to add fuel to the correct throttle positions.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.

How much weight (mtx weights no rivets) does that equate too?

Just found out that they are no longer on back order. Mine should be here in a couple days.

Last edited:
D

dub

Mar 15, 2004
Moxee WA

5 Click OK.

Good luck,

akrevrider

#2 says verify engine us running, then #4 says WFO, are you supposed to do all this with the engine on?

800drgnplt

Jan 12, 2010
Rochester, MN

5 Click OK.

Good luck,

akrevrider

Hey dub,

I have not done this yet as I am still waiting for my PCV, but I think the line I bolded and underlined may answer your question. Like I said, I haven't done this yet so hopefully akrevrider will chime in if it is to be done without the engine running. Good luck.

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
SYNCHING THE t.p.s. AND pc 3/pc-5

Hey dub,

I have not done this yet as I am still waiting for my PCV, but I think the line I bolded and underlined may answer your question. Like I said, I haven't done this yet so hopefully akrevrider will chime in if it is to be done without the engine running. Good luck.

It's done with the engine running

Did mine before & after, ran the same

When I spoke with DYNOTECH Jim about it he thought it should be close enough to ride out-of-the-box.

Since it only takes 3 minutes to accomplish, I went ahead and did it, it's no big deal.

As posted before, sled has to be RUNNING, with the computer hooked up to it, put it up on the stand, give it momentary FULL THROTTLE, I had to do mine 2 or 3 times before the program would "ACKNOWLEDGE" the full throttle position, and you're done!

D

dub

Mar 15, 2004
Moxee WA
Thanks guy's, I will hook up tonight and give it a try!

On another note is it possible to run this on a PDA and adjust setting on a hill?

thefullmonte

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Rapid City
Thanks guy's, I will hook up tonight and give it a try!

On another note is it possible to run this on a PDA and adjust setting on a hill?

I'm not sure on that, but I'm going to try using a netbook since it fits in my pack. If it has a usb to download the software I would think it could.
As for the TPS adjustment the instructions say to do it with the motor at operating temp but turned off.:confused: I wasn't sure how this would work either, but I don't have mine installed yet to check.

crf118r

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 29, 2008
Eagle, Idaho
What about the "accelerator pump" function I have heard about on SnoWest?? What and how does this work since there isn't an accelerator pump on a fuel injected sled? Or am I wrong on this?

Rick!

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
What about the "accelerator pump" function I have heard about on SnoWest?? What and how does this work since there isn't an accelerator pump on a fuel injected sled? Or am I wrong on this?

http://www.powercommander.com/power.../html/wwhelp.htm#href=3_PC5.1.26.html#1097856

It will be enabled on all maps in the PC V so if you have your hot rod map and zero map on the enabled map switch, the accel pump feature will be active.

Copy this link and put it in your favorites. It's answered a ton of questions I had.

http://www.powercommander.com/power...whimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm#href=3_PC5.1.1.html

Y
Jan 30, 2009
accelerator pump

A certain group in Idaho has the pump configured for 3000' and below. Should not be needed at elevations above 3000'. ???

Premium Features