• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ultimate 2010 Assault Test Ride... Take it to the Next Level!

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

NextLevelRidingClinics

Premium Member
Jan 6, 2010
Alpine WY
www.nextlevelclinics.com
3 Day Riding Clinics with Dan Adams Take 2010 Polaris Assaults and your skills on a ultimate test ride. Next Level Riding Clinics is an opportunity for participants to improve their back-country riding abilities aboard 2010 Polaris Assaults. These clinics consist of various drills and closed course exercises that target the fundamentals of snowmobiling in mountainous terrain. Be prepared to be tested on avalanche safety and awareness as they are practiced and emphasized throughout the clinics. For more info check out www.nextlevelclinics.com

Bring on the snow!!!
7.jpg
6.jpg
1.jpg
a1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Dan,

It was good to talk to you at the SLC show about your clinics.

I think that you offer the readers here a new opportunity/service to make sledding better.

Your common sense approach and user friendly methods will help evolve the riding technique of anyone who wants learn to be more at home and ripping in the backcountry from one of the best freeride sledders out there !!

I look forward to meeting you again soon.
========================

Dans clinics are just that.... Clinics: getting to know where you are in your abilities... working with you and hitting the "warp speed ahead button" in regards to evolving your abilities in a very concentrated window of learning... He will help you to shed many bad habits you may have developed to make riding at a higher/safer level in a way that would not be able to do on your own...Just like a coach in any sport... The clinics will keep your from "Practicing your bad habits" and move on to good-habits that make riding more enjoyable for you.

IMO...Learn from the best riders out there.
Any level rider will benefit from a few days with Dan.

I

IDAHO HOT SHOT

Jan 21, 2009
South of Bellevue...way south
!st Chris Burandt, then Dan Adams, why didn't I think of this. It would be a great experience to ride with either of these guys. No matter how good you are, there is always room for improvement and opportunity to better yourself

A

ak49er

Dec 10, 2008
Big Lake, AK
Great idea, and a really great website, tons of usefull information in it. If I were local I might consider trying this clinic.

Have you considered a "skill" tour. You could tour and ride all the great spots, and maybe set up clinics at each? Permitting might be a hassle though.

What an excellent idea, good luck.

R
Apr 4, 2008
Fairbanks, Alaska
The Assault is an over rated sticker package. Change the track, shocks, and add a turbo and you got one hell of a sled.

You want to up your game? Hit the gym, stop drinking so damn much beer (my problem), and learn to clutch your sled.
No one loves Polaris more then me, but the Assault is over rated. I would way rather ride with some teenagers on beat up old sleds then with some fat dudes riding the latest sticker package.

:beer;;)

2strokes_are_awesome

Dec 8, 2007
Flat and Boring
The Assault is an over rated sticker package. Change the track, shocks, and add a turbo and you got one hell of a sled.

You want to up your game? Hit the gym, stop drinking so damn much beer (my problem), and learn to clutch your sled.
No one loves Polaris more then me, but the Assault is over rated. I would way rather ride with some teenagers on beat up old sleds then with some fat dudes riding the latest sticker package.

:beer;;)

Spend the time to look at the site before you make stupid comments.:rolleyes: This isn't about riding a polaris assault, its a riding clinic hosted by Dan Adams (not some fat dude riding the latest sticker package) meant to help you improve your riding skill reguardless of how talented you may be.

Looks like another great choice to go ride with some of the best backcountry riders in the sport.

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
Spend the time to look at the site before you make stupid comments.:rolleyes: This isn't about riding a polaris assault, its a riding clinic hosted by Dan Adams (not some fat dude riding the latest sticker package) meant to help you improve your riding skill reguardless of how talented you may be.

Looks like another great choice to go ride with some of the best backcountry riders in the sport.

:beer;

:D

R
Apr 4, 2008
Fairbanks, Alaska
It is about the Assault, 2010 to be exact

3 Day Riding Clinics with Dan Adams.
Take (2010 Polaris Assaults) and your skills on a ultimate test ride. Next Level Riding Clinics is an opportunity for participants to improve their back-country riding abilities aboard (2010 Polaris Assaults). Looks like an exclusive class to me. Look, I don't mean to alienate Assault riders but if you bought one and you need a riding class you bought the wrong sled.

:beer;:devil:

milehighassassin

Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
It has nothing to do with who bought the sled or didn't buy the sled. The bottom line is you have a chance to learn from one of the best. This is basically the same thing as Burandt's backcountry adventure.

Sure there is obviously marketing with Polaris and their Assault but still no different than what Cat had going with Burandt. I would bet Burandt will be marketing the hell out of the Assault shorty if he isn't already. ( waits for Polaris to release a Burandt special edition!)

2strokes_are_awesome

Dec 8, 2007
Flat and Boring
"6. Can I bring my own sled to Next Level Riding Clinics?
You are welcome to bring your own sled! Whether it is an Arctic Cat, Ski-doo, Yamaha or Polaris. We are here to help you reach your potential as a rider and make the sled work for you…not you getting worked by your sled."

From the FAQ on the next level webiste

PS. I don't have an assault and agree that it isn't nearly as deep snow oriented as say a dragon rmk is, this is the reason I purchased an 800 dragon rmk instead of the assault. :beer:

Last edited:
C

champyfz450

Jan 13, 2009
Fort McMurray
3 Day Riding Clinics with Dan Adams.
Take (2010 Polaris Assaults) and your skills on a ultimate test ride. Next Level Riding Clinics is an opportunity for participants to improve their back-country riding abilities aboard (2010 Polaris Assaults). Looks like an exclusive class to me. Look, I don't mean to alienate Assault riders but if you bought one and you need a riding class you bought the wrong sled.

:beer;:devil:

Man youre not reading this thing at all eh? You go to the riding clinic where they SUPPLY you with one of THEIR 2010 polaris assaults, if you so choose, to learn from an absolutely phenomenal rider. You do not have to own an assault to go to the riding clinic

R
Apr 4, 2008
Fairbanks, Alaska
So if I show up with my beat up black Dragon that would be cool?

One thing I will commend the Adams class on is the avalanche safety thing. I can only go by what I see here but allot of the guys riding the latest sticker packages have no concept of avalanche awareness. "I buy big sled, I go and high mark." And that is about the end of their thinking. I have seen some of them get very lucky.

But my main pondery is why buy an Assault if you you want to ride the back country? The Assault had a very narrow design niche and deep snow was not part of it. My brother has an M-1000 and that thing eats snow all day long. If Burandt thinks he is going to go from that to an Assault and continue his backcounrty shenanigans he is in for a surprise. Now if he goes with a turboed D700 163 he will rule the slopes.

:beer;:cool:

R
Apr 4, 2008
Fairbanks, Alaska
And yes, I missed the part were they supply the sleds, Cats people are famous for excluding other brands from there rides and I thought that this was a trend in that direction. My bad.
So anyway, I am going to ride my pathetic little 600 now.

:beer;:p

milehighassassin

Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
So if I show up with my beat up black Dragon that would be cool?

One thing I will commend the Adams class on is the avalanche safety thing. I can only go by what I see here but allot of the guys riding the latest sticker packages have no concept of avalanche awareness. "I buy big sled, I go and high mark." And that is about the end of their thinking. I have seen some of them get very lucky.

But my main pondery is why buy an Assault if you you want to ride the back country? The Assault had a very narrow design niche and deep snow was not part of it. My brother has an M-1000 and that thing eats snow all day long. If Burandt thinks he is going to go from that to an Assault and continue his backcounrty shenanigans he is in for a surprise. Now if he goes with a turboed D700 163 he will rule the slopes.

:beer;:cool:

Why a D7? I mean if you are going to turbo it, go with the 800. Yeah they had issues but every sled does and when you highly modify a sled you can pretty much eliminate the issues.

I have an Assault and I love it so far. I am making changes to it but it is no worse than the Dragon guys making their changes.

NextLevelRidingClinics

Premium Member
Jan 6, 2010
Alpine WY
www.nextlevelclinics.com
To clear up some confusion.

This Thread was sled specific because this is a Polaris IQ Forum, and during the Clinic riders have a chance to take a 2010 Assault for an ultimate test ride. If you are thinking about buying an Assault this is a great way to really ride the sled before you buy it, and better your skills at the same time. If you have a chance to check out the website, you will quickly see that the Clinics are not at all sled specific. Participants are welcome to bring their own snowmobile, as long as it is a mechanically sound mountain sled. Next Level Riding Clinics are all about helping people become more effective, confident, and safer riders. The better riders we have on snow the more secure the future of this sport becomes. For more info check out the site www.nextlevelclinics.com

S
Nov 28, 2007
Hyrum UT
Dan it is a great thing you are doing for us as riders, helping us to improve are riding skills and avy awearness. It was great to talk to you the other day and hope that I will be able to make it up there to ride with you and be able to profect my skills and learn more about saftey in the mountains. I think it is good that you actually stop and setup skills courses for the riders to run and tape us at the same time so we can see how to profect our skills. I like that because, I fill like the money I would spend, would be something more than a glorified tour of the mountains. I appreciate your time that you spent talking to me. Travis.

Premium Features