• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

pgtbd fuel ???

K

kcdavidak

Dec 4, 2007
ketchikan,ak
not to be a stick in the mud here,but why are alot people mixing gas. pump gas to me means drive to gas station grab nozzle fill up then ride. not add x amount of race or octane booster. if your'e doing that should'nt you have bought a race gas kit and turned the boost down. now i know people are going to chime in and say "cheap insurance" but that defeats the whole purpose of the kit. are people turning boost up beyond what pg handle i don't know. just seams silly to me . :beer;:beer;

N

Nubulin

Oct 26, 2005
Flatlands USA :(
I think the terms "pump gas" and "race gas" are kind of stupid. The fuel you use is more of a range than a one or the other. They should call them low boost and high boost kits. I ran 110 in my PGT this week in MN since the elevation is 600ft. Does that make it a Race gas kit? No, just a low boost kit at low elevation running the proper fuel for 7-8lbs of boost.

M
Nov 26, 2007
Cranbrook B.C.
this is easy to answer. the pump gas kits run on pump fuel just fine, but they have a large range of boost that can be set. the boost can be set to the point where a bit of race gas is required. some people choose to run as much boost as the kit will allow, and this requires some race gas. also in some people case elevation plays a factor.

hope this answers it for you.

Premium Features