• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Keep sway bar or not on 07 Summit?

ArcticDoo2

Premium Member
Dec 20, 2007
Eastern SD
I have a 2007 Summit Adrenaline 151. I'm debating whether or not to keep the sway bar on it or take it off. I've never ridden a REV before so I need some input from you guys that have. I won't be doing a whole lot of trail riding either. Thanks for your help!

J
Feb 19, 2008
Ogden
Yep....take it out! Turn your shocks up 2 clicks if it feels soft to ya. I like to move mine real easy so it keep it somewhere in the middle. Cut it off, threw it away, never looked back!:face-icon-small-coo

ArcticDoo2

Premium Member
Dec 20, 2007
Eastern SD
How do you take it off?

Is the only way to get it out to cut it? I don't see any other way but I don't really want to destroy it if i don't have to.... Thanks for the info though guys!

M
Nov 27, 2007
Selah, Wa
No you don't need to cut it, just unbolt it tilt the sled over to one side and pull it out.

I removed mine last year and found no way to remove it other than cutting it and I did unbolt everything that I could see. Not saying that it can't be done, just not by me.

Just read that it is an 07. Maybe that is different than the 06. Sorry for mis-reading.

:D

AkSledHed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2009
Eagle River, Ak
I removed mine last year and found no way to remove it other than cutting it and I did unbolt everything that I could see. Not saying that it can't be done, just not by me.

Just read that it is an 07. Maybe that is different than the 06. Sorry for mis-reading.

:D
I had the same issue, I tried for over 3 hours to get it out and it was not coming out. Frustration set in and I ended up cutting it off. Frustration was relieved on my next ride when I discovered how easy it was to lay my sled over and carve the deep powder. A little shaky on the trail at first but a few adjustments to your shocks and suspension will help smooth them out.

S
Jan 1, 2008
Chanhassen, MN
I took mine out. its an 04 Summit, not sure if that matters, but I had to take my skid plate off to get it far enough down. it was a pain to get it at just the right angle to get it out. i have yet to ride with it out, but hope its as good as everyone says. and I think I will be flipping my shocks too.

B
Feb 28, 2008
wasilla
I took mine out. its an 04 Summit, not sure if that matters, but I had to take my skid plate off to get it far enough down. it was a pain to get it at just the right angle to get it out. i have yet to ride with it out, but hope its as good as everyone says. and I think I will be flipping my shocks too.

now why would you want to flip your shocks?!?!?! is the track going up on the seat too?

G

gman086

Feb 5, 2008
Portland, OR
The year does matter! They got progressively thinner and went to a "link" style with not near as much shock to shock feedback in '07. To Remove, simply unbolt the links and slide out; NO cutting required. I took mine out in 30 seconds sitting on my trailer and sled has a skidplate. Try doing that with an '06 or older!!!

Have FUN!

G MAN

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Don't need to cut it on an 07!! 3 bolts on each side and it's out....mine's got a skidplate and I didn't even need to F with that. 2 minute job.

Too soft on the front end for my tastes tho, would need stiffer springs for it to work was the concensus in the other thread. I put it back in and forgot about it.

If the sled is an 07 I would ride it first. If you like it, just leave well enough alone.

S
Dec 11, 2008
Squamish, BC
OK, i'd been told for a long time by a buddy to cut out the sway bar. I have been a little hesitant for many reasons. Once i read this thread and found out that it was possible to get it out without cutting, I was all for giving it a try. Well I removed both plastic brackets on the a-arms as well as the u-shaped metal brackets with the rubber bushing that are on the bulkhead on either side of where the sway bar goes through thetunnel/engine. This is as far as i've gotten and it does not seem anywhere close to coming out.....any suggestions other than cutting it?

Thanks,

Alex

B
Dec 16, 2007
Mammoth Lakes, CA
www.pbase.com
OK, i'd been told for a long time by a buddy to cut out the sway bar. I have been a little hesitant for many reasons. Once i read this thread and found out that it was possible to get it out without cutting, I was all for giving it a try. Well I removed both plastic brackets on the a-arms as well as the u-shaped metal brackets with the rubber bushing that are on the bulkhead on either side of where the sway bar goes through thetunnel/engine. This is as far as i've gotten and it does not seem anywhere close to coming out.....any suggestions other than cutting it?

Thanks,

Alex

Turn the sled over sideways, tap the other side with a hammer it will drop out. You may need to twist it a little.

PGTDragon

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 17, 2009
Lakewood Co.
I had to cut mine out, I could not get it to come out any other way, tried got irritated and cut it. If you do cut it use a grinder, it will chew up sawzall blades, its hard steel.

Premium Features