• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rush 155" - "398 pounds"

M
May 12, 2009
That is not a RUSH. It has rush bodywork on an IQ chassis. the Rush has the monoshock rear suspension.

It is a Rush chassis with a new tunnel and a classic torque arm suspension. Doesn't mean it isn't a Rush.

There is a lot more to a Rush than just the rear suspension.

C

coolx2

Nov 29, 2007
The look of that is really starting to grow on me.

justpinit907

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Interior, Alaska
It is a Rush chassis with a new tunnel and a classic torque arm suspension. Doesn't mean it isn't a Rush.

There is a lot more to a Rush than just the rear suspension.

You took the words out of my mouth.

The sled looks like it has a Timbersled front end but the rear looks to be the same as IceAge's rear suspension in their other pictures. I can't find any more info on that rear skid either. Just one caption to one of their thumbnail pictures says "36 pounds and dropping".

snowdog484

Lifetime Membership
Mar 18, 2009
Winsted, MN
Very nice! I held off jumping ship to the 2010 m8 this year in hopes of this sled, although I'm sure it will not be this lite from the factory. Unless we are willing to drop 18G's.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Obviously Polaris needs to get to work on fixing the 800 CFI before they can release a "mountain Rush". If they get the motor fixed this year, the Rush could be similar to the release of the XP which was obviously a big hit for Doo.

I think it looks sweet!

I
Nov 26, 2007
I think we'll see a production version of that for 2011, won't be 400lbs but it'll be lighter than current dragons.

IceAge Performance

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Gallatin Gateway, MT
Thanks for the props on the sled. I've gotta say I love the way it looks and I can't wait to get some seat time on it. It's rough being this far away from the mountains

Keeping it simple with the motor and going with a 660 but with the light chassis and narrow front end this thing is going to be a ripper.

The suspension is a work in progress and we are still tuning and running it for durability. As for the weight it is currently at 29 lbs for a 155!! Every part was designed for weight and strength. Our goal is to have a sub 30lb suspension, that is the best performing suspension available. We have hit the weight goals and feel comfortable with the durability, but now need to tune, tune tune.

We'll have both the sled and suspension at the W Yellowstone show for anyone wanting to check it out.

H
Jan 9, 2003
Sparks, Nevada
Weve got one (a rush) at the dealer here in Reno.. I hope the mtn version doesnt feel the same.. The rush feels to me like it has a front end a mile long.. It feels like an old licoln continental... I know standing on one in the store is nothing like piloting one but I have to say I did NOT like the way it felt in the showroom. The dragon feels so much better to stand on.. I am not baggin on it at all just expressing an observation..
Good luck IceAge I know you will turn out an awesome machine.

IceAge Performance

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Gallatin Gateway, MT
With what we have done it feels totally different from the trail version, but it also has a different objective. The trail rush is more geared towards sitting. With the steeper angle on the tunnel and higher bars and seat I really like the way this thing feels, but as you said riding it is the true test. We worked with a SnoPro Racer last year and I loved the way it felt in the garage...... Never did anything for me anywhere else.

If this sled turns out to be a 400 lb IQ.... I'll be a happy man :D

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
Anyone got a close look at the bulkhead? Could a person bolt on the Rush plastic to a IQ???? It seems like it would be pretty close... the steering hoop looks a bit different, but a little fab work could fix that.

Beautiful sled Ice Age....

800poodragon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, Montana
With what we have done it feels totally different from the trail version, but it also has a different objective. The trail rush is more geared towards sitting. With the steeper angle on the tunnel and higher bars and seat I really like the way this thing feels, but as you said riding it is the true test. We worked with a SnoPro Racer last year and I loved the way it felt in the garage...... Never did anything for me anywhere else.

If this sled turns out to be a 400 lb IQ.... I'll be a happy man :D

Mike the sled looks real sweet. Hope everything works as planned. Definately interested in what you have going on there.

Premium Features