• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Can Pin weight alone cause this?

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
OK, I pulled the inserts so the pin weight is now 13.8 grams (down from 15.4) SAME FRIGGEN THING?? Wah Wahs with max rpm's hitting 7700-7800 under FULL THROTTLE..... on the TRAIL and OFF TRAIL UNDER LOAD?

Seems to pull closer to 8000 rpm WITHOUT the Wah Wahs when throttle is open less than full. Once throttle is WO ... back to the Wah Wahs / 7700-7800 rpm. Clicking from position 3 to position 4 and no change...?

Anybody?

OK..wah wahs are either cold pipe or rich jets...for you...closing throttle leans motor = more RPM and no wah wahs...you have a carburation/DPM issue...the clutching isnt it..BJ

Last edited:
V
Jan 3, 2008
Eastern Wshington
BJ, I kinda figured the clutching was pretty darn close ;)

Thanks EVERYBODY for the input. Because of you guys the list of possibles is shrinking.

Pulled raves and they look good to my untrained eye, no carbon buildup on guillotines, and when depressed, the bellows come back to approx. center of movement spectrum. (The top rim of the bellow sits roughly even with the top edge of the rave assembly housing. I pulled whole assembly).

Sounds like a DPM thing..... fail safe to rich condition on top end. Will check DPM next...............

Side note on clutching: I marked the sheaves before todays ride, primary has just over 1 inch of mark still showing, secondary rubbed the mark off roughly 2" down from top of sheave. Frick, I want this thing to rip!

Last edited:
S
Nov 26, 2007
Helena, MT
Had the same issue last year, kept jetting leaner and leaner and no changes. Clicking up had no effect, found out my dpm was stuck.
Take a 9 volt battery and a paper clip and hook it up to the dpm...plug that hooks up to the airbox. You should here it click.

V
Jan 3, 2008
Eastern Wshington
Monster Machine, The guillotines themselves have "this side up" stamped on them. Question: Do the housings have to be installed in a certain direction?

Winter Brew, to much to list. Kinda hard to pin point my problem as so much has been changed. I really believe at this point that my problem is either rave or dpm related. I need to test the dpm. Not sure what to look for regarding proper rave operation? Any help here?
I cleaned all build up and all seems ok to me but I'm a beginner at this so I'm not sure...

Since my last post I've installed 20 pilots and cleaned the carbs, checked and cleaned the rave guillotines and replaced the carb boots.

Last edited:
Premium Features