• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Are you running anti stab wheels on your turbo ?

Are you running anti stab wheels on your turbo yamamha ?

• yes

Votes: 104 58.4%
  • no

Votes: 74 41.6%

• Total voters
B

boosted metal

Apr 4, 2008
kelowna,b.c
I just swapped my 162 m10 fast out to cr174. I noticed my end caps were peeled back from stabbing.also my anti ratchets have damage from binding. Picking up the 2 wheel kit for the 174 m10.

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
I run anti stab on all my sleds, has cheap insurance, leanred the hard way and stabbed the track on the tnytro and I ran one on the stocker apex aswell

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Never ran anti stabs ever. I have 11,000km on my turbo Apex. I usually ride around with broken limiters since the one supplied with these suspensions are kinda junky lol. Maybe im due, but i highly doubt it lol !

T

TApeX_07

I run them on my Timber/IceAge combo. I have the whal 4 wheel kit in the end caps like seano. I do run the limiters a little tighter (5th hole), but I have ZERO wear on the first 6"s of slide and NO signs of wear on the caps. I never had them on my old MM and that had the transfer kit and no limiters.. Must have been lucky!

But like everyone else says, " Its cheap insurance!"

NytroNorm

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Stoon, SK
I run them in my stocker, seemed like cheap insurance when I threw the CE on.

Since then I have seen a stock nytro with a stock skid stab a track. Not a pretty sight, threw buddy over the bars instantly and that sled went end for end 2 or 3 times.

Ill probably run them on every sled I ride in the future as well.

R
Aug 20, 2011
MN
I run them in my stocker, seemed like cheap insurance when I threw the CE on.

Since then I have seen a stock nytro with a stock skid stab a track. Not a pretty sight, threw buddy over the bars instantly and that sled went end for end 2 or 3 times.

Ill probably run them on every sled I ride in the future as well.

Just outta curiosity, what length skid was on that stock Nytro?

R
Nov 26, 2007
Central MN
I might add that if you have run a year with your anti-stab wheels to check them... I have 2 sets in my skid (AC skid in Yamaha) and in all 4 wheels the bearings were hatched in 300 miles. Both Wahl bros.... FYI...

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
Fabcraft skid, yes I run them. Have them mounted right at the tips. Mounted them where the small screw holding on the rail caps was. Eric

sledfvr

Lifetime Membership
Apr 7, 2008
NW MT
I've found that the bolt likes to break off holding the outer wheels on. Two tracks have been stabbed this way. My bolts have been bent or broke at least 3-4 times in the last year.
Leave your rail caps on with the anti-stab kit so that you notice it before the track is ripped in half. Just had this happen to a friend this last weekend.

Last edited:
J

Jona$

Sep 29, 2012
Sweden
Is this something only to the longer ones?

have Apex gt with turbo running for years with 121" but this year stretched out to 144 with monoshock, cant find any to that suspension.

dont need it maybee?

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Jona$
I believe the reason you only see them on longer tracked sleds is because most mountain riders run there track as loose as possible to reduce friction of the longer tracks and loss of power that results. the longer tracks have obviously more drag which robs horsepower if you run the track tight. When you run the tracks loose on the high horsepower sleds the track seems to cause a convex wave directly in front of the rail tips as the track comes around and off the drivers that has the potenial of catching the tip of the rails.<O:p</O:p
In your case, with a 144, i would say that you probably don’t really need to run them on your sled. However for $100 I would run them regardless. I have never experienced stabbing a track but from the stories i have heard $100 dollars is cheap insurance.<O:p</O:p

C

constech

Dec 31, 2010
Payson, UT
Ant-stab

My buddy stabbed a track on top of the mountain last season. We had to use our saw to get the track free and then limp it off the mountain. He had just put on a new track to move up to 162" and it was destroyed. I think $100 is much better that the chance of $900 and being stuck on the mountain. I have added a set of wahl bros anti stab to my setup if nothing else for a little peice of mind.

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
they are all about the same but the price can vary a bunch. I went with the starting line products SLP for around $100. so far so good

Premium Features