• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

van amburg tunnel

Feb 18, 2009
wyoming
ski-doo xp has anyone put a van amburg tunnel on an xp what are your thoughts on it and how do you like it i just went down to mike van amburgs shop today and seen the new tunnels and they were bad *** and he was a straight forward guy just woundering if anyone as installed one yet

B
Dec 21, 2006
ski-doo xp has anyone put a van amburg tunnel on an xp what are your thoughts on it and how do you like it i just went down to mike van amburgs shop today and seen the new tunnels and they were bad *** and he was a straight forward guy just woundering if anyone as installed one yet

Newer than the Boondock tunnel?

S

springer

Feb 1, 2008
Washington
Don't have one on an XP but do have them under my IQR's They flat work! If you want to get though the trenches and side hill with less effort,it is the way to go! You won't be dis appointed!

turbo800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Northern,UT

My brother is in the process of installing one on his 09 163X. Plan on stripping it down to nothing. The tunnel looks great, and nice craftsmanship too.

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
This is in no way a sarcastic question, this is for learning purposes. but how does a different tunnel improve sidehilling ? I know the benefits of the kick-up in the rear. but not the sidehilling part.

The VE tunnels are awesome, I also like the looks of a Fabcraft.

Thanks, Darren

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
I was thinking about it and I guess if your running boards taper up alot higher and they set higher would probably be easier cause your center of gravity is higher maybe a higher leverage point standing on the boards would make it easier to lay over, but wider boards you would think drag through the snow more.

S

springer

Feb 1, 2008
Washington
Center of giravity part of it , leverage too it part.Its has alot to do with foot placement and control,allowing the rider to lay the sled into the hill .

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=155969

IMG_3455.jpg

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
That's not my sled, BTW. Contact "Winter" on here. I think it was his...

M
Dec 9, 2008
I wonder how much more the VE tunnel weighs than what is removed from the XP??

It has the stock cooler in it? no better then stock
so it will weight more as they added more to it with there rear section.

Terra Alps racing tunnels have all new cooling system with there tunnels, lighter then stock and a stronger then stock tunnel as well.

xp_tunnel_18.jpg

Premium Features