• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

new phone?

V

vector boy

Jan 5, 2008
Norfolk, NE
not sure what i want (motorola Q9 or blackberry pearl) but have a few questions.

can you access the internet on the pearl?
which one is more reliable?

i currently have a razor so anything is better than what i have now.

snow_knight

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Black Hills,SD
I was wondering the same thing here last month.. I had the Krazr.. and it was a pretty good phone.. but wanted to go smart phone.. really wanted to get a blackberry.. but after talking with a few people that own them.. I ended up going in the htc diamond touch.. its a very nice phone with internet and lots and lots of other goodies.. very happy with it so far..

V

vector boy

Jan 5, 2008
Norfolk, NE
I was wondering the same thing here last month.. I had the Krazr.. and it was a pretty good phone.. but wanted to go smart phone.. really wanted to get a blackberry.. but after talking with a few people that own them.. I ended up going in the htc diamond touch.. its a very nice phone with internet and lots and lots of other goodies.. very happy with it so far..

good reception?
easy to text(barely call people)
one last question.....can you get on snowest with it?;):D

Circus Midget

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I've had a Blackberry Storm for about a week now. I've still got some mixed feelings towards it. It's got pretty good reception and It works good overall. I'm just not sure how much i like the full touch screen. I can type/text faster on the old keypad, but I'm 100x better at it than the first day I had it. I'm thinking if i give it alittle more time it'll be a non issue. I also thought the battery life was iffy when I was at the farm in a rural area. Verizon says battery life should be better than my old phone, so it could have be me messing around with the phone all the time.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I typed this from my Blackberry. Yes, Snowest is available wherever you go.

Last edited:
D

dragon12

Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
The pearl is a pos. I could recieve picture texts, but couldn't send. The key pad is a qwerty key pad so if you are trying to call 1800snowest you have to actually know the number. All my personal emails were transferred to my pearl but any important business email would not be transferred. Murphy's law I guess.

V

vector boy

Jan 5, 2008
Norfolk, NE
thanks for the info.
i was leaning towards the pearl but now thinkin bout the Q(sisters got one)
2nd cousins got a pearl and not sure if he likes it or not.
keypad kinda looks a lil weird on it.

Mag

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fairbanks Ak
I've got a palm treo and it's a pos. The ol's Iphone is way better!

Snoman69

Lifetime Membership
Oct 2, 2003
Colorado Springs
I have the bb curve and it is a good phone..... To me a full keyboard is mandatory... If it wasn't for working paying the monthly cell bill, I woul dhave the iPhone.... ANother one to look at....

Most smart phones can access the internet.... I don't care for the Mot Q... Kind of bulky compared to some of the newer smart phones, plus its motorola... Who knows if they will still be around in 6 mon...12 mon.... That company is one of the most phuked up companys I've ever dealt with....

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
Just got the Pearl and the old T Mobile at home deal.

didn't much like the phone at first....still getting used to it, But I am very pleased with it. typing is pretty easy now.

I'm sure I can get ont he web, but to be honest I don't need to from my phone. For they guy who can't get pictures, not sure how but when I was on the phone with service(a joke) they did something to enable it on my phone.

Reception has been good, stays clear even with 1 bar, but I have drove through dead spots and dropped a call.

Z
Nov 26, 2007
Sioux Falls, SD
I have the Samsung i760, have had it for a little over a year now and love it. Great battery life, can surf the web, never drops calls, I get better reception that my girlfriends normal flip phone, and it’s good to text on. They don’t make them anymore but I think the HTC touch is what replaced it. I don’t know what the HTCs screen is like but mine is pretty hard to see in the sun so I’m glad I have keys on the front of the phone and don’t have to use a touch screen to dial numbers. One thing with the all touch screen phones is you can say bye bye to answering the phone with gloves on unless it’s got a hard button to answer. My work phone is a treo and it might as well be a paper weight.

S

snobunny21

Oct 18, 2008
Freedom,ID
www.lccwy.com
I used to have the pearl, I thought the key pad was a lil small even for my girly fingers. I ended up switching to the curve cause of the full keyboard. I really like that but I do have to say for all my web surfing I do the iphone is the way to go.

snow_knight

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Black Hills,SD
vector..

Its a little different to get used to for txt'n.. but i've got it figured out now.. as for reception.. its better out in the open and in the mountains than my previous phone.. however in my house its a little worse.. :confused:..

the internet is fairly fast on it.. and yes.. you can get on snowest.. :D

B

bdubs

Nov 26, 2007
get the google phone. G1. buddies like it better then the iphone. tmob only tho.. i rocked a blackberry for the past 8 years but switched to the g1. no contest

V

vector boy

Jan 5, 2008
Norfolk, NE
if i had the money i would go with the iphone or G1.
motorola sucks i know.
dad has a palm treo so no im not getting that bcuz itd be kinda weird having the same phone as your dad.
might go with either the pearl or curve.

03rmking

Premium Member
Mar 4, 2004
Spokane, WA
www.509films.com
There's only one choice...iphone. I was the biggest anti apple fan until I caved and bought an iphone.Thing is amazing. Example, I pull up music videos on youtube and plug it into my car stereo. Virtually any song on tap for free doing that.

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
heres a good one. reading the paper today. in the police reports there was a call for the cop to check on a guys wife because him and her were having a DOMESTIC TEXT. WTF

C
Nov 27, 2007
CDA
There's only one choice...iphone. I was the biggest anti apple fan until I caved and bought an iphone.Thing is amazing. Example, I pull up music videos on youtube and plug it into my car stereo. Virtually any song on tap for free doing that.

same with the blackberry, + you get verizon lol i dont know if that makes any dif. lol

Premium Features