• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

turbo exhaust Location

Installing a BD Turbo on 09 Dragon 800. Why are people cutting a hole in thier tunnel instead of putting it on the side. They are not very lound out the side. Rode next to a M8 with race gas turbo and another guy on a piped 800 rev with a can and it was louder. Just trying to figure why I should put a hole in my tunnel. I also think if you did that when you are in deep powder and you do get stuck, it will block the exhaust. Plus when you go to resell it, does it hurt resale if you take the turbo offand have a patched tunnel. Any input?

Last edited:

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
1st off, the hole in the tunnel will at least TRY to muffle the sound. They are still loud though. 2nd, the hole is in the footwell where it isn't that noticeable and no matter what you will be cutting a hole in something for the exhaust. 3rd, I have gotten stuck, had a skid full of snow, and it did not matter.

S

SNOW JW

Nov 26, 2007
Belgrade MT
www.coderedperformance.com
Out the side plugs with snow I have never once had the new tunnel dumps plug.

Allot less noise in the powder those side dumps are crazy loud but then again if you are on the hard pack the BD one is a tad loud as well.

Looks really clean and can't be seen unless you are looking for it so most think you may just have a can on it gives it the (sleeper look)

As far as resale you are better off selling your sled with the turbo as they have a good resale to them. But you could patch it no problems and like I said unless you are looking it's hard to see it.

B

BDTURBO

Oct 15, 2008
We have put countless hours of R&D into exhaust outlet placement,the clean spot with deep snow driveability is into the tunnel, we have found that boondocker's tunnel exhaust is nearly impossible to plug in any deep snow aplication, due to, there is always a dead air space in the suspension. If you exhaust out the side bottom,or shock tower this will happen, if you sidehill right or carve hard right you will have plugage. The rindinging styles have been advanceing and so must technology, if you are a point and shoot kind of a rider on hard pack only, you could exhaust out the side, bottom, or the shock tower.

Jared Sessions,
Boondocker R&D.

Premium Features