• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

509 goggle quick straps?

Blk88GT

Westbound and down
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I got my wife some 08 model 508 goggles with quick straps.

What do I need to get these connected to the helmet? I use the standard quick straps like these:

quickstrap.jpg
but her goggles appear different.

What do I need oh snowest gods?!

03rmking

Premium Member
Mar 4, 2004
Spokane, WA
www.509films.com
Take the plastics off the QuickStaps and install them on the cut down 509 straps. Thats what I did last year.

small.jpg

Correct. I tried to detail what our short straps do, but to reiterate we do not sell actual Quick Straps, as we are not a dealer. We sell 509 short straps, which come in a pair and are compatible with your existing quickstrap hardware. But again, they are not Quick Straps. You will still need both.

Thanks for the reply and pic Prank Monkey!

S
Jan 15, 2008
PNW
are they any different for the 09 sinisters? i'm looking into going with quick straps for this year and would like to know if it will be a wise choice.

thefullmonte

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Rapid City
Correct. I tried to detail what our short straps do, but to reiterate we do not sell actual Quick Straps, as we are not a dealer. We sell 509 short straps, which come in a pair and are compatible with your existing quickstrap hardware. But again, they are not Quick Straps. You will still need both.

Thanks for the reply and pic Prank Monkey!

That's a really nice option for those goggles. It's always nice to have your strap match the goggle. Seems like more brands are using a solid mount strap with no quick strap option unless you cut the strap. And quite honestly, Quick Strap really needs to work on the look of their straps anyway. uhhg :(

K
This year I got a pair of the 2009, 509 Sinisters and installed the Quik-Straps. It takes a bit of effort to get the sewn end of the strap through the slot at the end of the goggle hinge but they match up great once their in.

Premium Features