• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2012 155" PRO is eating hyfax with deposits on clips

U
Feb 11, 2017
Pretty fresh install of hyfax with only a few rides on it and I see that weirdly there are little mini chunked up pieces of hyfax on every clip as well as a tiny bit of rubber track as well. Anyone have ideas as to why and how to fix? Thanks

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Beyond track tightness and skid pressure, did you temper them, as in, ride abit and heat them up, then stop and kick enough snow on them until they're cold, a couple times?

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
That'd be the aftermath of running on low snow. Cool thing is, you only have to do it once and then you watch for hyfax melting conditions. Don't stress. It's a part of sledding. No biggie.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Hyperfax is the one with the graphite infused surface. Those are usually NOT white.

You can tell if the track is aligned by adjusting the track tensioner at the rear idler wheels. Measure the sag about halfway up the rails. Should be equal. should hang down to factory specs...which (if I remember correctly) is 1.5" with 10 pounds of weight hanging on it.

Premium Features