• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2005 Edge RMK 700 144" skid on GenII RMK 600 (136") help

A
May 18, 2018
Hi Guys and Gals,

Got hold of a minty fresh '99 INDY RMK 600 136" with what looks like a 1.75 or maybe 2" lug. 1100 miles, she honestly looks like she's never been ridden and for a 1000 bucks I'm very pleased! Brought her as a wife/loaner sled, my wife rode it once and hates it so she's taken to riding my sled instead when she comes out. I personally love it and don't have the heart to sell an old sled this pretty. I got hold of a 2005 Edge RMK 700 144" skid (without track) for a 100 bucks and was wondering if maybe someone can give me any advice/measurements to fit the Edge 144" skid into the little '99. I did see JB Shocks page with various measurements but they don't seem to list RMK 144" etc? Figured it could be a bit of a summer project.

Guess a lead on a decent used 144" Poo track up here in AK would be handy too.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice!

image2.jpg image1.jpg

whoisthatguy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2007
You simple set the front of the 144" skid exactly were the 136" skid is. It sound like you are using the 136" suspension so there may not be any new holes to drill. However, with the total track assembly bein 4" longer, it is quite possible that when you bottom out the suspension, that you hook the real lip on the tunnel that holds the flap.

Bushwacker1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2008
Wisconsin
Here is some info from an old post that I provided for a similar swap. These are dimensions from an 04 edge 159 and I can not confirm if a 144 uses the same dimensions but someone on the forum may have a 144 they can take a tape measure to and see if these will work for you. These were taken with the skid out so they should be accurate. If you search for posts under my username you should be able to find the post as there is other info included there.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Here are some measurements I had recorded from my 04 rmk 159. I used a carpenters framing square off the top of the tunnel to get these.

*The drive shaft centerline is 6 5/16" down from the top of the tunnel.
*The front arm hole centerline is 4 7/8" down from the top of the tunnel.
*The rear arm hole centerline is 6 13/16" down from the top of the tunnel.

*The front arm hole centerline is 8 13/16" back from the drive shaft centerline. This measurement is taken by squaring off the top of the tunnel, not a point to point measurement from the driveshaft to the mount hole. The point to point measurement will be longer but I did not record that.

*The rear arm hole center line is 39 11/16" back from the drive shaft centerline. This measurement is also taken by squaring off the top of the tunnel,(the front part not the rear tipped up part) and the point to point measurement would also be longer but I did not record that.

*The front arm hole centerline to rear arm hole centerline ( point to point ) is 30 7/8"

* If you have rolled your chain case and dropped the driveshaft centerline the measurements from the top of the tunnel will need to go down the same amount.
* If you are running more than the 2.125 inch paddles that came stock on this sled you may want to adjust for that also, as polaris did not leave much room at the top of the tunnel for the paddle's to clear.

Premium Features