• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

TMS 927 review

H
Nov 26, 2001
Renton
I will update as miles add up.

149 mi. 48 percent of breakin left.

The last 40 mi ride...wet heavy soft and deep snow...

Snapped right to 7900, responsiveness is incredibly quick, torque is crazy....was awesome in the trees and track speed is there right now, can't wait to get more miles and out of breakin.

Mileage is way better than expected, I am getting better mileage than friends that are riding with me on their 850's that are stock.

I am wearing a big grin for sure.

H
Nov 26, 2001
Renton
Down to 8% breakin left. Got to finally work her out good and hard this weekend, friday, nipple deep in the mountians. Let's say a big grin on my face all day, went places I used to just dream of. Throttle response is right NOW. Clutch set up was right on. Fuel burn is better than my friends on their stock 850's and oil burn just a hair less. I was drilling the 850 175 in our group.

So far this was the best money spent on a snowmobile in 25 yrs of mod sleds!!

Attachments

• 20180126_101120.jpg
    20180126_101120.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 148
F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
I Run a stock 850 so far, so what changes are you seeing for tracks speed, we seen 50 mph track speed in 4 feet of fresh this week, pulling 8000 rpm now with 4 grams a arm added to pivot bolt on pdrive.. 8 percent Breakin left as well?? Would think you would of added a lot more weight than that?

My belt on the 174 is right up at the top less than 1/2 inch from the primary, it will need a gearing change soon, thinking you might have down this already, with that BB?

Neet to see some helmet cam vids of it pulling a few hills.. How is skid handling extra power, because it needed a few changes in stock power already..

H
Nov 26, 2001
Renton
As for clutch set up, have to ask dave trygstad, I had the whole kit installed for me. Yes I did most certainly regear, the 2:52 gear is to low for sure. We had 2 850 165 and 1 850 175 in the group, the 927 was definitely the shining star in the group. The quick throttle response and back shift was impressive over the stock units.

Trygstad has videos of the 927 vs 850 on his website via star valley ski doo.

P.S. I am lucky to take pictures much less video...but I will see if my son's have any video of it climbing.

dave@trygstadmotorsports

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2012
www.trygstad-motorsports.com
As for clutch set up, have to ask dave trygstad, I had the whole kit installed for me. Yes I did most certainly regear, the 2:52 gear is to low for sure. We had 2 850 165 and 1 850 175 in the group, the 927 was definitely the shining star in the group. The quick throttle response and back shift was impressive over the stock units.

Trygstad has videos of the 927 vs 850 on his website via star valley ski doo.

P.S. I am lucky to take pictures much less video...but I will see if my son's have any video of it climbing.

Great to see that you are enjoying your TMS 927! We have a few differant setups for clutching which depends on elevations and type of riding styles. Brent is a great installer for our products in Washington state. The 927 takes close to 300 miles on them to reach there full potential.

Enjoy
Dave Trygstad

H
Nov 26, 2001
Renton
Dave, very happy with motor performance, just waiting for some more snow to get up agian to get some more miles on her.

Any word on the new clutch goods?
I did take out a belt the day after hammering it in the nipple deep snow for 8 hrs...

H
Nov 26, 2001
Renton
Saturday Feb 24th.

Out of breakin, new primary clutch parts in (Thanks Dave).

This is a BEAST, the torque this engine builds is almost impossible to explain. From bottom to top of rpm, so fast on throttle response. Playing in the trees in deep and steep, the bottom and midrange is crazy fast and power loaded. I had a good friend I have ridden with forever (past 872 trygstad) take it for a burn, he came back and first thing he said..WOW this has some serious torque.

So my recommendation on this engine and working with Dave Trygstad is full thumbs up, best money I have spent on a sled in 35 yrs.

:face-icon-small-hap. Grin from ear to ear!!

H
Nov 26, 2001
Renton
Sorry I have not done anymore updates---been sick with lung issues---will get back to another update soon----I am dieing to get riding.

H
Nov 26, 2001
Renton
Got out today, 49 miles of exploring thru the trees, ridge to ridge.
This engine does not disapoint, torque is incredible.
Clutching and torque together make this my most enjoyable sled in 35yrs!!

H
Nov 26, 2001
Renton
The clutch goodies showed up, got the goodies put in next day.

Headed up to the hill, Wow, I thought I was a happy guy before, crazy fast on response and backshift is best I have ever felt. It was incredible, I can't wait for next season to get out on this beast agian and get some more miles on it!

Dave, hands down best ride ever....THANK YOU!!:face-icon-small-hap

dave@trygstadmotorsports

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2012
TMS 927

The clutch goodies showed up, got the goodies put in next day.

Headed up to the hill, Wow, I thought I was a happy guy before, crazy fast on response and backshift is best I have ever felt. It was incredible, I can't wait for next season to get out on this beast agian and get some more miles on it!

Dave, hands down best ride ever....THANK YOU!!:face-icon-small-hap

Another new add for the 927 headed your way,

Dave T

H
Nov 26, 2001
Renton
I am excited to put the new suprise in, I am pumped:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap!!! Looking to see if I tackle it or pass to a Pro...

dave@trygstadmotorsports

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2012
G4-850 - 927

I am excited to put the new suprise in, I am pumped:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap!!! Looking to see if I tackle it or pass to a Pro...

Not a complicated install with the V-Force reeds for the your TMS 927.
Well worth the time as you will notice a performance gain and better throttle response with this product first time out!

We tested this product for the V-Force crew a year before they released them to the market, Great company and products!

Dave Trygstad

H
Nov 26, 2001
Renton
Ride 1 of this season, 18/19.

Road ride basically, with the V force 3 reeds installed, low, mid range is snappier, ran great agian. No off road to speak of, but ran Awesome agian, another 43 miles in the mountians.

Thanks, Dave!

Premium Features