• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Proper oil level on a 15' Viper

R
Oct 17, 2008
Williams Lake B.C.
Hey guy's where are you running your oil levels on these, when checking per MPI's recommendation of running up to a minimum of 150 degrees or up to fan on and shutting down and timing to a min of 30 seconds and then checking my tank was nearly full to the top so I sucked out about 350 to 400 ml and when following the same procedure I'm now at the very top end of the normal mark on the stick and that's threaded all the way in when checking. It was obviously over full but I'm just looking for some other's thoughts and experiences with this on their Vipers?

blown addiction

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2007
Pocatello
Check it warm too

I also check it warm that's the way the owners manual stated to do it. You can also check it cold after I checked it warm I let it cool for the night and checked the stick and it was just about the very bottom of the stick, so now I use that as the mark before I start the sled up. And usually try to check it after I ride just before loading it into the trailer. I carry a couple quarts in the trailer for the inevitable roll overs during the day. Fill it up before it goes into the trailer and I know it's good to go for the next ride.

Premium Features