• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Searching threads

Dec 5, 2015
Minnesota
When I try to search, using the search dialog box on the threads page, when I click search I get a error page. Showing a long yellow box with a bunch of computer lingo. What am I not doing, is there settings somewhere I may need to change.
I also tried the search button in the black rectangle, but the search box just shows up for a second or two in the lower right corner of my screen then disappears. I
I am on a smart phone not a pc.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
When I try to search, using the search dialog box on the threads page, when I click search I get a error page. Showing a long yellow box with a bunch of computer lingo. What am I not doing, is there settings somewhere I may need to change.
I also tried the search button in the black rectangle, but the search box just shows up for a second or two in the lower right corner of my screen then disappears. I
I am on a smart phone not a pc.

I get that on my pc too.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
I find Google much more capable than whatever Search engine SW has included

Not the answer you are looking for but I find Goggle much more capable than the SW search engine (whatever they use). I just include "Snowest" in the search phrase, plus (whatever I'm looking for). That method has never failed me yet. FWIW

Dec 5, 2015
Minnesota
I found out from Christopher that in the black box, click search, then advanced search. Brings you to a very friendly search. Here's a link to it.
SnoWest Snowmobile Forum - Search Forums
http://www.snowest.com/forum/search.php

Found another thread about this. Here's Christophers post on topic.

The Search Bar in the top right corner of your screen is NOT part of the SnoWest Forums software, and is in NO way tied into our database. And generally is a MAJOR PAIN IN THE BUTT that I have no control over and would very much like to see REMOVED from the site.

The only search engine that is part of the FORUMS SOFTWARE is this.
http://www.snowest.com/forum/search.php

That is tied directly into the SW database and SHOULD give you a good result if used correctly.

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
So yesterday I REMOVED the search box from the top of the forums.
This morning, Harris REPLACED it there again, and its still BROKEN.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Isn't it Great having Clueless Idiots for Bosses?
They are actually pretty good guys to work with.
My guess is someone updated the template using the old one that still had the defective Search Box in the code.

I just HATE that stupid Google Search box.
It does nothing but cause us grief on the forums.

Premium Features