• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Cylinder porting

02sedona

Lifetime Membership
Jan 13, 2008
Reno, NV
Wondering if anyone has specifics on what is done in the porting job on 2005 cylinders to make them flow better? Is it easier to just put on 2006 cylinders and block off the injector hole? I'm going to put in some 2006 pistons to freshen up the sled at some point, just hoping if someone knew if the intakes get ported or exhaust is enlarged and polished.

Cerialsledder

SnoWest Badge Maker
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 14, 2013
Sault Ste Marie, MI
I know guidoxpress is running 06 cylinders with injector blocks I think that Indy Specialties make. I'm sure he will chime in here once he gets a minute or two lol

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Yeh buddy, I'm running the 06 cylinders in my 05 900 "budget build" (thread in my sig with nitrous)

I have the upper injectors blocked, plugs made by Indy Dan...but did require some thinking and modding to the rear of cyl where the injector protrusions out...to make room for the steering post...I think there's pics in the build thread, if not I have them on my laptop..

Anyways...the 05 porting work that SLP does for $500..is basically what the 06 900 cylinders come from the factory..so it was easier and cheaper for me to go this route...

BUT...I was told by a few people, that porting of 05 cyls (or using 06 cyl) would require using the SLP performance pkg ecu flash or a fuel controller otherwise you could change running lean and burning down...I happen to score a used flashed 05 SLP perf flash ecu..

And you cannot just get the flash from SLP...it's on lock down unless they do your porting, but you can try...otherwise you need afr gauges and fuel controller..

Does that all make sense? I may be confused now, LOL.

Cerialsledder

SnoWest Badge Maker
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 14, 2013
Sault Ste Marie, MI
You can send your ECU in to slp and they will flash it for the perf package. I can't remember the cost but I had it done to my switchback. I have the porting done on my 05 cyclinders from slp and it's very nice.... My word of advice is if your going to port the cylinders and spend that kind of cash, spend just a little extra and get the heads also. My switchback is a freakin rocket now compared to what it use to be. Hope this helps

Premium Features