• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ski options, what are they?

Smoke Show

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2008
Fort Nelson, BC
So i need(want) a new set of skis for my nytro and I don't know all the options out there.. can someone that does know all the options out there start a poll like you did with the front arm kit and so people can post their opinions and help guys like I make the best choice.

Please and thank you!

C
Nov 26, 2007
Kootenays!
Mine came with the Simmons snowboards... Jumps/drops in deep fresh they are great! But on the trail and in some setup spring snow, a guy really has to man up. Thinking about getting a stock set, or some off a doo perhaps to try this season. Wasn't a fan of powder pros that I had on my cat... But that's a whole nother animal!

Smoke Show

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2008
Fort Nelson, BC
Winter is here and so I couldn't wait any longer.

Ordered some Slydog Hell Hound skis.

They are new for this year so i'm curious to try them out. Ill let you guys know how they work. :gossip:

S

SNWMBL

Feb 14, 2010
AK
I've been running Polaris Grippers for a couple seasons now and like them. They're nothing special, but they are inexpensive, very easy to steer, track straight, and 2 lbs lighter per ski than the 08-13 Nytro skis.

snowmanx

Premium Member
Aug 13, 2001
Polson, Montana
I've been running Simmons 1st gen for 15 years and wouldn 't use anything else. From Ski doo, AC, and now yamaha. A few years ago I switched them out for something else(can't remember what), and the biggest thing that bothered me was the decrease "shock" that simmons provide. It was very noticeable, and are also designed to absorb hard hits, thus preventing suspension damage. This is what they use to admertise(don't know if they still do), and from my experiences, I am a believer.

Premium Features