• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How hard to pull motor

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
Thank you!!!! Will do if the weather ever straightens out here in mn

the hard pullin starter cord is still a concern.... recoil mechanisms malfunction? or binding? or when you turn the primarm clutch does it feel like the engine is easier to turn than the cord feels? or hard to turn over binding, stiffiness in the engine other than the normal feeling of each compression stroke?

Wildcard

MidwestBoondocker

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 25, 2011
SW MN
I guess we'll find out. Not sure why that isn't functioning properly. Hopefully get the other problem figured out and it will go back to normal. For now tho were receiving nine more inches tonight/tomorrow so back to the regular sled.

rocks rev

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Flat Tops Colorado
I would suggest a compression test before you try to start it again,cheap insurance. What did the plugs look like? Maybe pull the head (it's an easy job) make sure you drain the coolant down first. Make sure the pistons move up/down with the crank(if you pull head) if their is play it's prob. a rod bearing. P.S I would NOT suggest putting snow on a hot motor.

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Thanks. Hmm I was running that so not sure why it let go. Only 500 miles on that motor and it went already, it won't turn over. Feels like compression is down so any ideas on what happened?

This is where the confusion set in. You said it would not turn over. If the motor still turns over then we need to start all over LOL

MidwestBoondocker

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 25, 2011
SW MN
Must have got his info. from the guy that first rebuilt the engine. lol

I got it from a polaris rider. My first mistake haha. Jus kidding, in all honesty the guy has been wrenchin on something his entire life so not sure why he said i could check it without it starting up

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
No problem you just have to explain yourself entirely the first time when asking a loaded question as yours was.
We all like to help when ever possible but no use when you have one foot stuck in a hole right? LOL
Now go check the spark and then compression is on your sled and let us know the results please, hell we might even get you up and running by the weekend if it's something simple!!:D

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
Yup my bad. Ment it wouldnt start back up, three little words wreck a whole thread lol

No the 3 words don`t wreck the thread but it throws all the experienced ones off a bit there is a big difference in, It won`t turn over? or It won`t turn over, that can mean at least 2 things won`t turn over/engine or crank won`t move, locked up wont turn over. Or engine doesn`t start/will not fire up/won`t turn over!!

Sorry not trying to bash in anyway just terminolagy and meanings ya know

Like in nascar drivers always say it won`t turn, so is that the steering wheel doesn`t move in any direction, locked up or won`t turn cause they are just drivin into the corner so fast and hard the front end pushs up the track and the does`nt turn or rotate the corner or has any grip?.. Anyway we`ll get it figured out.

Wildcard

Premium Features