• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Gaia or GPS kit?

C

Covelli44

Jan 2, 2011
North Aurora, IL
Any further on this? I am looking into buying Gaia app. I have no GPS unit and if this is comparable to one it is obviously much cheaper. I DO NOT get any cell service but do have WiFi in the lodge we stay at

nomasittinright

Premium Member
Feb 5, 2009
Aberdeen SD
I downloaded backcountry navigator and the north america snowmobile trails map overlay for my galaxy s3. I have not got a chance to actually try it out but seems to be a decent app you can choose between numerous maps and overlays. It might be worth looking into

K
Jan 16, 2008
I use Gaia on my iPhone 4 downloaded alaska topo map areas for where I will be and works with no issues. You can even have some sat imagery stored on your app. My gps comes with me still but it sits way down in my pack if I ever did need it but I don't think I will. The other nice thing is when I get back I can email it to anyone else that was on the trip and it can be opened up in google earth or anything that will open up a .gpx or .kmz file.

A

aksnopro

Mar 11, 2008
Palmer, Alaska
www.mtfak.com
I love gps kit!! Google satalite maps!! Ability to see buddys on sat maps when squaking is enabled you can also email someone a link that shows them in internet explorer where you are and your track

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I497 using Tapatalk 2

Premium Features