• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'13 drive belt rubbing on belly pan

chestdeep

Premium Member
Oct 12, 2008
Pacific Northwest
I could use some longer rivets for the Plate I purchased...

That is killer customer service and makes me feel good... Also feeling a bit better now that Polaris has admitted that there is in fact a problem with the driveshaft..

1719 eugene st Hood River Or 97031

You should have my name on file..

Thanks and happy hollidays!!!!

T

Tedd

Apr 14, 2005
Creswell, Or
Just an update. We started talking with the manufacturer, about providing longer rivets. I am going to give it until Tuesday, if the manufacturer does not supply the rivets, we will purchase a box of rivets and send them out to you guys.

A

akrevrider

Jan 15, 2008
Wasilla, Alaska
what about us guy that the plate doesnt fit right? they all this way or a bad batch maybe?

X-2 How does it fit with a Polaris skid plate or a Skinz Float Plate? Is there any kind of fitment issues or design changes to wait on before ordering one this week?

Thank you for the great product support.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Alaska
What other options are there for guards? I like the looks of the Ted one, but I want to be guaranteed that it fits well before I get it in the mail and am dissapointed.

It would also be nice if there was no cut out on the guard, so that the original hole in the plastic was covered better so snow and junk couldn't get rammed up in there. One alder in that puppy and things are going to get ugly fast.

T

Tedd

Apr 14, 2005
Creswell, Or
how did your plate install go besides rivets. ? mine doest seem to fit flat , about a 1/2 inch gap at one corner. like the buckets not deep enough, was gonna call tedd unlimited today but got busy.

Unfortunately do to the way these are manufactured, they are unable to get the perfect roll in the plate to get it to sit perfectly flat on all surfaces of the belly pan. What we have found is that if you install the two inner rivets and the bolt through the end of the rail, then we massage the plate on the outer corner until it sits flat against the belly pan on that corner. The bucket is deep enough, or we have not found any that are not at this point.

It is less than a perfect fit. You will need to push really hard when setting the rivets.

Unfortunately this is very true.

what about us guy that the plate doesnt fit right? they all this way or a bad batch maybe?

Would you be willing to send me a couple of photos of how it looks installed to sales@teddunlimited.com? If needed, I would be more than happy to exchange it out for you so that we can find out if there is an issue.

What other options are there for guards? I like the looks of the Ted one, but I want to be guaranteed that it fits well before I get it in the mail and am dissapointed.

It would also be nice if there was no cut out on the guard, so that the original hole in the plastic was covered better so snow and junk couldn't get rammed up in there. One alder in that puppy and things are going to get ugly fast.

We are trying to get the manufacturer to offer a 2013 specific plate without the relief for the chaincase drain. I can't guarantee that they will offer it, but we are trying.

T

Tedd

Apr 14, 2005
Creswell, Or
I could use some longer rivets for the Plate I purchased...

That is killer customer service and makes me feel good... Also feeling a bit better now that Polaris has admitted that there is in fact a problem with the driveshaft..

1719 eugene st Hood River Or 97031

You should have my name on file..

Thanks and happy hollidays!!!!

Added you to the list for new rivets. As soon as they arrive, I will get them shipped out to you.

A

akrevrider

Jan 15, 2008
Wasilla, Alaska
Quote:
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=10 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset" class=alt2>Originally Posted by akmclean

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
We are trying to get the manufacturer to offer a 2013 specific plate without the relief for the chaincase drain. I can't guarantee that they will offer it, but we are trying.

Thanks Tedd.

We''ll look forward to hearing something from you when you have any new information. I looked under my sled again this evening and that hole on the bottom is big enough to put a thumb size branch directly into the belt & cog.

<O:p</O:pIt need to be covered up to further protect that vital area.

Thank you.

827revdog

Jun 18, 2008
michigan
Unfortunately do to the way these are manufactured, they are unable to get the perfect roll in the plate to get it to sit perfectly flat on all surfaces of the belly pan. What we have found is that if you install the two inner rivets and the bolt through the end of the rail, then we massage the plate on the outer corner until it sits flat against the belly pan on that corner. The bucket is deep enough, or we have not found any that are not at this point.

Unfortunately this is very true.

Would you be willing to send me a couple of photos of how it looks installed to sales@teddunlimited.com? If needed, I would be more than happy to exchange it out for you so that we can find out if there is an issue.

Tedd, i dont have mine riveted on, only mocked up. Seems to sit as you say they all do. A little tweak it should be good. Going to wait for the new plate without the hole . Put me on the list.

L

littleanthony

Apr 17, 2010
mass
what about guys that just purchased and didn't know about 11,12 design?
upgrades? this always happens to me :face-icon-small-fro dealer installed monday.

Premium Features