• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Hello all!

J

Josy13

Nov 9, 2011
Howdy fellow sled heads!! Just introducing myself here. I am from Sioux Falls, SD but I travel and work in the Black Hills about half my time and it's that time of year again and I've got the itch. Currently do not own a sled but have owned many.

Where is the best place to post questions on purchase advice? I am currently on the fence about what to buy. I have found a mint 2003 RMK 800 Vertical Edge at a pretty good price. That said, I may opt to spend a lil more and have my eyes on a '09 Dragon 800 RMK. Can anyone give me pro's/con's.

Thanks in advance!

vdo1948

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eastern South Dakota
:welcome: to the forum Josy! I'm a near Sioux Fallsian (Brandon). There has to be a least a half dozen on here from Sioux Falls or very near by. As for where to post purchase questions: if you are brand loyal (for instance you mentioned two Polaris machines, are you are pretty much looking at Polaris only?) go to the forum for that brand down in the 'Snowmobiles' section. If you don't care about brand than you might ask your questions in the General Snowmobiling section under Snowtalk.

Almost surely one of the things you will be told is to make sure you get a sled brand that has a dealer near by that you trust and can work with. In my opinion this is not critical if you can do most of your own mechanical work.

Have a good year, maybe we will see you on the snow. Before I sign off I do have to put in a plug for the local snowmobile club, the Sioux Falls Sno Trackers. We meet the first Thursday of each month at the east side Pizza Ranch (eat at 6:00 pm, have club meeting at 7:00 pm), are busy setting up the local trail system, have a club ride planned to the Hills over the January three day weekend and will hold local monthly club rides.

VDO

R

riverider

Sep 19, 2011
Boondocks , Iowa
:cool:welcome to the forum this is a great place to hang out and talk snowmobiling. my advise -------arcticat arctic cat arctic cat..!!!!!!!!!! and one more thing????? ARCTIC CAT:bounce:

N

NITROSKIDUDE

Dec 12, 2003
SPOKANE WA.
Howdy fellow sled heads!! Just introducing myself here. I am from Sioux Falls, SD but I travel and work in the Black Hills about half my time and it's that time of year again and I've got the itch. Currently do not own a sled but have owned many.

Where is the best place to post questions on purchase advice? I am currently on the fence about what to buy. I have found a mint 2003 RMK 800 Vertical Edge at a pretty good price. That said, I may opt to spend a lil more and have my eyes on a '09 Dragon 800 RMK. Can anyone give me pro's/con's.

Thanks in advance!
Check out the sled specifice areas,
But as a Ski doo guy Stay away from the Dragon 800's you would be better off with a 700 in the Dragon

I would go with something the Will Doo

And that is a Ski- Dooooo.
no reallyread up. The sleds have changed alot in the past 5-7 years. sorrtta like Cell phones they have gone from bricks to just unbelieveable in what they can dooo.....

R

riverider

Sep 19, 2011
Boondocks , Iowa
Check out the sled specifice areas,
But as a Ski doo guy Stay away from the Dragon 800's you would be better off with a 700 in the Dragon

I would go with something the Will Doo

And that is a Ski- Dooooo.
no reallyread up. The sleds have changed alot in the past 5-7 years. sorrtta like Cell phones they have gone from bricks to just unbelieveable in what they can dooo.....
hee hee i was wondering if any do'ers were gonna speak up!! im with ya on the new sleds,, its amazes me on the progression they have made,,,ski-doo-arctic cat-polaris-yamahas-all of them ---in their own ways, i havent been on new skidoo but the rotax has always impressed me- and im sure e-tec is that much better yet-but like you said handleing and weight has been the issue with them. but i would be happy with a 1979 rupp 440 if it was all i had!!!!its all about the rideing--so josy13 -- make up your mind quick winter is comeing!!!!!

Premium Features