• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SC10 3 OR SC10 4, which skid do I have???

D
Dec 11, 2008
Livingston MT
thats why i actually bought the mmp ones. because it took me to an 8 inch wheel. the parts are pretty awesome. thick and the holes machined in the bottom match the factory ones so the rails look stock from a distance, and they fit the rails nicely. and i only paid 70 bucks! pretty awesome. sorry it didnt work out for you man.

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
That's mmp for ya! I did that same dance for 5 months, only I paid for everything in advance...finally got my parts, they were the wrong ones! Mmp's for the birds.
Tracks usa makes them for an 8"offset now?

Ya it was a joke, figures they called me back the day after I already bought a set of Tracksusa ones. I was actualy lookin for those in the first place just happen to stumble across teh MMP ones, should of just got what I wanted in the first place, I got the ones for stock axle and will get an off set axle to run the wheel I already have , just been tricky trying to find and offset 8inch axle that goes in stock rail slots and makes it possible to run 20mm wheel bearing, I`ll probably just maybe have to change wheels, seems to be easier to find off set axles for 25mm bearing,

D
Dec 11, 2008
Livingston MT
wanted to do the same thing, i was told that the xp's use a 20mm bearing, and you cant put a 25mm bearing in an xp wheel. but thats why i was Told, so i dont know for sure.

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
8" with 25mm bearings....bearings are cheap and easy to change, just swap them out for 25mm bearings

thanks, so you are positive you can change out a 20mm and 25mm bearings in an 8 inch wheel??

if that was the case I could get a pair of xp wheel and put either size of these bearing in it or run either of the offset axles I have been scoping out.

Thanks, Wildcard

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
Oh, I already have a set of 8inch wheels with 20mm bearing guess all I have to do is find an offset axle for those since I already have them.

Any ideas on a good reasonable place to get an offset axle, unfortunetly Smitty isn`t making any more parts.

Thanks, Wildcard

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
Hello I got my Tracks Usa rail extensions installed yesterday, had to do some small grinding to the rear of my rails for fitting but other than that the extensions went on awesome, install new 159 hyfax`s too

they look awesome and are definetly going to be strong, I have been lookin around for a inner 2whl kit for the stock 7inch wheels and then it dawned on my I already had an axle I cut one down and rethreaded one end and modified the center spacer to alow for the second inside wheel, ya know a homemade axle assembly, so I just decided to run that on my stock wheels

I`ll post the pics soon. Thanks, Wildcard

Premium Features