• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Afrermarket hood, what kind of headlight setups do you guys run?

600xc4me

May 21, 2008
La Crete Alberta
I'm about to buy a mountain fit IQr conversion hood for my dragon, and I believe they don't allow you to run the stock IQr head lights. So what kind of lights are you guys running on your sleds if not the stock ones? I ride in the dark all the time, so no lights isn't really an option. I want something that looks good, but also works good. Any ideas, and some pics maybe would be awesome. :)

MtnMaxMod

Premium Member
Oct 31, 2008
N. Idaho
I'm pretty sure you could just cut out the headlight area and mount some headlights in there. I could be wrong though..

rmkboxer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Bonney lake WA
I used pias. on my edge. R&m uses a really good light that they sell and it is super bright and works great. I would get a helmet light to go along with the lights on the sled. I use the cyclops light

himarker

Premium Member
Dec 11, 2002
Prescott, Washington
I run a pair of PIAA's mounted on the sides of my hood, just below the windshield. plenty bright when i need them, not big enough to mess ya up in the trees..

600xc4me

May 21, 2008
La Crete Alberta
I'm pretty sure you could just cut out the headlight area and mount some headlights in there. I could be wrong though..

I was hoping that would work, but I'm told the hood is just smooth on the inside, no place to mount stock lights to. Would have to try and fab up some kind of mounts if I wanted to make that work.

I run a pair of PIAA's mounted on the sides of my hood, just below the windshield. plenty bright when i need them, not big enough to mess ya up in the trees..

Ok cool, and pics of how it looks? I'm looking for something that will still look pretty decent...

I saw a pic of an IQr, red hood, with out the cut outs for stock lights, and he had small round lights mounted in place of the stock lights, just cut out small holes I guess And mounted them from the inside somehow. Anyone know who's sled I'm talking about?

M

MNIQR

Feb 28, 2006
angermanagement is whos sled your talking about with the piaa lights cut into the headlight area.

U
Nov 28, 2007
Alaska
not a after market hood but my stock light didn't fit with the pipes and this lets more air in the engine room . oh and i have a led dog too
375.jpg

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
The Cyclops HID totally rocks, no glare from falling snow, just eliminate the headlight and go with a pair of Cyclops. One of the best additions you'll ever purchase. Make room for a tool bag under the hood for the Cyclops because it really sucks when you go without.

R

R_8_N

Nov 28, 2007
Mine were behind the vents in the headlight pod but you couldnt get enough light through to see the bumper. I just remounted them yesterday here. still a little adjusting to do but I think this is gonna work great. Had one light up in the shop and there was alot of good light comin out. Ive had em on the bars in the past and I think it makes alot of clutter on them.

IMG_0676.jpg

IMG_0677.jpg

Last edited:

600xc4me

May 21, 2008
La Crete Alberta
The Cyclops HID totally rocks, no glare from falling snow, just eliminate the headlight and go with a pair of Cyclops. One of the best additions you'll ever purchase. Make room for a tool bag under the hood for the Cyclops because it really sucks when you go without.

I'm hearing that alot. What light are you referring to when you say a pair of them? They have a few options.

Mine were behind the vents in the headlight pod but you couldnt get enough light through to see the bumper. I just remounted them yesterday here. still a little adjusting to do but I think this is gonna work great. Had one light up in the shop and there was alot of good light comin out. Ive had em on the bars in the past and I think it makes alot of clutter on them.

That looks pretty nice.. But the hood I'm buying doesn't have the open vents like that. It'll be the same as guidoxpress' hood. Like this,

Guidoxpresssleds.jpg

The black hood. So your idea wouldn't work on my hood. Looks good though, very clean and hidden.

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
Did you check out cyclopsmotorsports.com ? What I think you would want over the battery packs is the jack plug in to your lighting system. Most likely you don't have a battery I'm guessing so you'll need a capacitor so your light or lights wont flash. Very simple set up, it's just the sticker shock you have to get over. One HID is worth two of their halogens.

Last edited:
Premium Features