• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Shaking hands

A

AMSOILR

Nov 9, 2008
Idaho
Have any of you gals got so scared following the guys that your hands were shaking? We had one Saturday that could'nt quit shaking. Kinda felt bad for her. We do have feelings. :fear:

girlpowder

Premium Member
Mar 9, 2009
Utah, land of the FLUFF!!!
Have any of you gals got so scared following the guys that your hands were shaking? We had one Saturday that could'nt quit shaking. Kinda felt bad for her. We do have feelings. :fear:

Lol!! No I haven't, but I know certain gals haven't wanted to join us because they were a bit nervous just getting off the trail. Go figure?

My knees have been shaky before. I think that was just some excitement and adrenaline. It disappears once I get warmed up and the groove is on. :face-icon-small-hap

I follow my hub for the most part or pick my own way now. I guess it's who you trust in the front. He guides groups considering each individuals ability behind him. Knowing their skill and comfort zone makes the ride more enjoyable for everyone.

O

Oregongirl

Jul 25, 2002
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
LOL!! Yes! Every time I climb something, especially long, technical pulls through the trees....when I come out on top both my hands and knees are shaking. But I love it!! It's more from adrenaline and feeling empowered, than from fear though. I hope that feeling never goes away!! :face-icon-small-hap

J

JHG

Jan 29, 2008
Elizabeth, CO/Bozeman, MT
I think that happens to everyone, if not you're not pushing yourself. I'm not a girl but almost every ride something gets me shaking. I've watched great riders, like Shane from Twisted Turbos shake after doing something. I try not to scare my girlfriend, she's new to riding and I want her to enjoy it but sometimes I know she gets shaken trying to get in and out of places we ride. I've told her to trust that I won't put her in over her head and I take time to explain approaches and exits to her. Even if she's scared, she knows that if I tell her she can do it, she can. I don't mind her shaking, it's the shaking and crying that's not a good thing.

S
Feb 24, 2010
CO
I have noticed that my hands are shakey sometimes when trying to hold a camera after doing something that was an adrenaline rush, but other than that I don't notice, and am definitely not scared, just out having fun!

C

CoyoteGirl

Nov 26, 2007
Washington
www.brandyfloyd.com
I've had a few guys get the shakes after following me! ;) Not a narly climber or anything, but through (or over) the trees can be pretty rush filled too! heheheeeeee

I don't really get the shakes, but sometimes I'll get such an adrenaline hit that I feel numb.... lol I like... I like it ALOT! :) Generally gets a "let's doo it again!" from my inner little girl! :devil:

A

AMSOILR

Nov 9, 2008
Idaho
If she can do it so can I.

That reminds me of when I first started riding in the mountains. I was not comfortable at all with climbing hills or coming off hills. My buddy had a niece that really inspired me. She could ride. I would watch her and think if she can do it so can I. She seemed fearless and gave me confidence. I'll have to admit I was shaking a few times.

Premium Features