• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Is the 2011 800 2012 EPA compliant????

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
The 2011 motor is esentially the same mechanically... same bore/stroke. same bore centers etc... the cylinder monoblock is different in that the injectors (only 2 on this motor)

I don't think that Polaris "threw the baby out with the bathwater" here... more along the lines of refinement and evolution.

I'd bet that the crankshaft assy is the same as well as the mag side recoil, etc...
There will be some different part numbers as there may be a bracket or screw hole here or there... but essentially the same engine less fuel controll and porting. (IMO)

The Fuel "rail" looks to be an integral cast piece to the block and there are what appears to be 2 Siemens fuel pressure regulator "top hats" on the rail itself which should provide more accurate metering of fuel and not be subject to fuel pulse variation.

The fuel injectors are mounted into the cylinder block and spray directly inward... My guess a hybrid/SDI arrangement that will give better fuel control.

I also believe that the Oiling system is re-arranged and will be more accurate in metering the mixture of oil.

2-16.jpg

1-18.jpg

Last edited:
Premium Features