• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

900 Down!

06 RMK 900

Oct 20, 2008
Mandan, North Dakota
Well The motor is out and the sled is pretty much just chassis and Wire. I think I got really lucky again on this. The only problem I can find with the bulk head and chassis is in one spot it pushed it up the belly pan a little. No big deal will push it back down and it should be good. All the welds look really good no cracks that I can see.

The cooler is done for the one nipple thats on the PTO side was ripped right off when the cooler was pulled back. The other nipple is smooshed shut.

DSCF2024.jpg

DSCF2023.jpg

DSCF2026.jpg

Now the shopping List
BEER:beer;:beer;:beer;
Cooler
Nose cone Plastic
Recoil Rope
Intake Boots
Cross Motor Mount bracket - cross threaded the bolt in last time I took the motor out. (my stock mounts still look brand new)
Gears (depending on how much money I have might gear it down)
Hyfax
Y-P Gasket
Rivets

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
All in all I would say you got lucky... looks like its coming along well... Good luck :D:beer;:beer;

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Thanks but I already have one ordered. I would cancel my order but the people I ordered them from helped me a lot hate to cancel on them.

can u delete the front cooler all together? Holz has a removal kit for the 07+ IQs and says it provides for more track clearence...

i have never seen one removed myself..wonder if its feasable to remove it?

06 RMK 900

Oct 20, 2008
Mandan, North Dakota
can u delete the front cooler all together? Holz has a removal kit for the 07+ IQs and says it provides for more track clearence...

i have never seen one removed myself..wonder if its feasable to remove it?

I have been told this before also but i think the cooler does a lot of cooling there is always snow hitting that. The cooler is only $62 so I don't really care about the price.

06 RMK 900

Oct 20, 2008
Mandan, North Dakota
IT'A ALIVE AGAIN.

Well last night I finished up the sled (except for the skid plate still waiting for that). I didn't prime the fuel system so took about ten pulls on the rope and it took right off. Sled started but didn't have any MFD shut the sled off started looking at the stator and everything then realized forgot to plug the wires in for the hood:face-icon-small-dis. Started the sled up and everything was running good no codes nothing. Started just driving around the house a bit bleed the coolant a few times checked oil etc. Noticed sled was running around 140-150*. All the lines where warm so I know the coolant is circulating. Was on some hard pack and no snow was getting to the coolers so I think thats why I was running Warmer then normal.

I learned a lot about my sled with this project. Pulling the motor really isn't that hard just time, lots of beer, and a few bloody nuckles. Thanks everyone that had input on this.

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
good to hear you got it running again. enjoy her. i hope to have mine running next weekend. fingers are crossed we will get more snow.

06 RMK 900

Oct 20, 2008
Mandan, North Dakota
Well once again the sled is down!

Not exactly sure what I got yet but know it was caused by the recoil. Went to start my sled and my knot came untied by the handle and the rope went in.So I used the strap around the clutch to get it going. Well I was going along and herd something rattling in the recoil houseing and then my sled kinda bogged so I shut it off.

Went to try restarting it with the strap it fires for a couple seconds can here something rattleing in the recoil houseing then dies out.

So what you all thinking something from the recoil took out my stator???

Premium Features