• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

All kinds of turbo problems need help

cvanag

Lifetime Membership
Jan 21, 2008
Conrad, Montana
I just bought a 07 700 polaris BD race gas turbo. I set if back to pump gas when i got it, cuz of lack of avaiblity of race gas. Supposedly didnt have to change mapping etc. just clutching, weights and actuator to make it run. made it five miles, lets just say the motor is no longer. just got a new crate motor and am about ready to run, need help tho for starting numbers and where to start, im scared to run it, its not a cheap fix. i have the big intercooler, should i switch to the smaller one? I am getting my ecu reflashed as we speak for the pump gas with the ada. what else do i have to do???

K

Kestrel2126

Nov 17, 2009
Grand Jct, CO
What did the motor due when it shelled out. It doesn't really make sense that it would be a lean problem. The race gas setup obviously uses more fuel when running higher boost. What did you do to take it back to a pump gas setup other than turn the boost down? Go to BD's website and use their starting #'s and maybe add some extra fuel if you are worried. The worst that SHOULD happen (if their isnt a bigger issue with the turbo setup or other mechanical issue) is you have a rich running sled

Premium Features