• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Cant get over 6K RPMS. Bogs out, 07 800r 151"

S
Mar 23, 2008
Glad this thread is helping people!

Sledneckskier. your problem sounds the same to all of ours. So what i;ve gotten from this thread is that, a bog from 5-8k can be caused by any of the following

DPM solenoid- Remove the hoses and sensor and clean assy. with a safe cleaner

Rave Valves and Solenoids- Tear down, clean and inspect. Take caps off raves and the bellows should pull in upon start up, and when reving it out, they should push out. 3D RAVE tests are availibe, search. Check ALL hoses and fittings.

Carbs. - test with another set. or tear down and inspect.

Clutches- Primary- remove and disassemble, inspect for worn parts. 07s are known for wearing fast. Clean

Secondary- remove and dissasemble, clean and inspect for worn parts.

*check belt condition and deflection

Exhaust - Inspect for leaks and damage. Seal leaky exhaust flanges, and inspect can for internal problems.

Check all of these if you are encountering problems similiar to above. May or may not be the problem, but if you test all of these, there is a good chance you'll come up with an answer.

Mark

Last edited:
J
Dec 11, 2007
Ammon Idaho
07 800 bog

I had that bogging problem last year as well. It started out like a tick that hold 8200 and tick down to 7900 and then back up but got worse as time went on where it wouldnt pull 6000. Ended up being crank seals! good luck! Thank god for warranty!

S
Mar 23, 2008
The problem has came back. And I beleive now it was never clutching. It was the plug caps and wires. Rode Saturday and it ran good for most the day, then started bogging under wide open. So i pulled the caps and found they were loose on the plugs. so i ended up taping them tight. Still acting up. After a while she wouldnt run. But i found out it was only when it was hot. I have replacement caps on my plug wires, and the shop told me i had to run solid core wires. They replaced what they could i guess, but now im thinking I burned the wire higher up towards my coil now.

Ordering new caps and wires today. Back to stock. And i'd put money on it now they'll be good.

B

black sunshine

Jan 24, 2010
Wyoming
same problems

My 07 800R has a number of the same issues. Last year i actually broke a 3D rave valve, but caught it in time to replace it. This last weekend it started bogging real bad is some of this half powder, half concrete snow we were riding and I just chalked it up to sub par snow conditions. As the day went on i was losing more and more power. First down to 7500 then to 6800 then to 5500 then to 4800rpm. And it would sporadically continue. When I looked at my clutch I noticed the buttons had pretty well seen their last day. I cleaned it out as best I could and continued on. But then I seemed to feel weaker like it was running on a cylinder, so I checked plugs, too. My PTO side plug wire cap had come loose at the neck. I limped it back the last 40 miles after we got to the trail at 5500rpms. Doing some trailside diagnostics, I'm pretty sure my main problem is the primary, as when I would put any resistance to the track (i.e. get into the powder off the trail) it would back down on rpms from 7000rpms to 4000rpms. Also, my wife has the same sled and her jackshaft bearing went out last weekend. It also has +3000 miles. Thought I would share....

B

black sunshine

Jan 24, 2010
Wyoming
same problems

one more thing and it may sound stupid, but if your vacuum line from your DPM to your air box isn't hooked up, it will cause some similar problems. I was working on mine earlier in the year and forgot to hook it back up. simple fix, but it was something to keep in mind. And I've had problems were if you ride a blower powder day all the way to the trailer and it gets well below freezing that night, you can freeze your vacuum line to the top of your shock tower. I've seen that twice now, but you can usually pull the hose off and push the ice out of the line.

D
Apr 28, 2009
FWIW, I had the same problem with my 07 800R and turned out to be the following:
- Spring/Bushing on the primary
- Spark plug wire
- Throttle position sensor

The TPS was the priciest one but now it runs like a champ.

J
Dec 7, 2008
Elko,MN
I think i'm running into the same problem. New motor, has been running like a champ. Ran great at home in MN. Whent to the black hills a couple of days ago. Using the same setup as at home and it would not go over 7,200rpm. Went from a 2 to 6 on the primary. Would goto 7,400. Weid bogg at mid rang. I have yet to clean the RAVE's. I just ordered the primary gov. and inner bushing. Will clean DPM.

I just got over a lean bogg. So i went to a 20 pilot. And shimmed .022. Still have 440 mains. Made a huge diff. I may be a little rich at home.

Off topic: What should i run in idaho. Thinking 20 pilot, .011 shim, and 390 mains.

Premium Features