• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

(2) 2003 1M's wont start on their own. Anybody??

B
Nov 30, 2007
Palmer Alaska
Cat wont start

I have had the same thing on my 800 efi , Injectors from setting became gummed up. Pulled them , one way is to disconnect , hose on fuel rail and turn it over and see if it has fuel pressure, or getting fuel. if getting fuel its stuck injector, also check to see of course if it has spark

Most likely, is gummed up or plugged fuel injectors, them out soak them in injector cleaner, or some type of solvent spray
Try and loosen them up

SledheadPaul

Premium Member
Hey Paul, I know this may sound odd but where do you buy your gas at. I worked at Arctic Cat for 22 years and I remember we saw some fuels that had additives in them that would clog the smart valves. I also remember there was a small problem with the hose that went from the fuel pump itself up to the outlet causing some pump problems because the hose would release some type of material and partially plug up the pump. The way we had to fix this was to remove the tank and clean it with alcohol. Then install a new hose from the pump to the outlet and they would be fine.

Hope this helps if you have anymore questions you can find me at funoutfitters.com under technical advice.

Jeff

Fuel issue,this is what everything always points back to and it is also what both sleds share in common and they both started this at about the same time.The 600 has very easy wife miles on it since new but my 800 has been through quite a few" whoops I shouldnt a done that". The volt meter test is reading 18 & 21 on both sleds ,all the electrical has to be good. So it must be fuel density/formulation or ?? that is causing the fuel pump to lock when the smart (dumb) valves are stuck shut. When using the battery to get things primed I have to run the pumps in reverse first to unlock it and unstick the smart valves.

I am thinking of removing the smart valves and installing screened in tank fuel pickup filters on the end of the fuel pump pickup lines.
Anyone done this?? Tinkered with them today and got them started with battery and they both are currently starting on the 1st pull.

Premium Features