• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

polaris turbo spark plug help

1madbird

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
West Bountiful, Utah
have a 97 polaris 700 mitsi turbo and Im haveing problems with plugs Im running NGK BR9ES and they only last about 3 hours and then they miss under boost put a new set in and it runs great any help woiuld be great

J

jim

Nov 26, 2007
Boise
Polaris also like Resistor style plugs...not familiar with the other one listed, but you can try a BR9ES....the "R" means resistor style. Turbo plugs get hotter than normal motors...fouls out when you come off the gas. You'll get better bottom end also with the resistor style....the ignitinos simply like em' on the Polaris.

440dart

Jan 5, 2008
montana
try to find some irridium plugs thats what we run in hight boosted cars do not run platnum they break down

B

Boyko

Nov 27, 2007
Alberta
I have had good luck with the Champion RN57yCC (oem Polaris Dragon plugs) She is a cold plug and I think you would be hard pressed to find a colder one, lots of porcelain around the electrode. I got around 1200 miles before I fouled one up (I was dumping to much fuel in at low boost).

B

badass1000

Nov 27, 2007
Meridian, ID
try closing your spark plug gap. I always ran .020 in my turbo street/drag bike with ngk cr9e's. I ran up to 19lbs of boost with this. They are cheap and I just changed them often running strait c16 gas. I left them in for a month in a half once. I was in sacramento and it was kind of cutting out on the top end and not running good. Put in new plugs and picked up 4mph to 176mph in the 1/4 on the next run. Changed them every other weekend after that. If you are running under 10lbs of boost try around .025 If that does not work try .020 and see how it works.

** try this with br9e's, cr9e's are the same plug, just different threads **

Last edited:
Premium Features