• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

yamaha nytro mtx 162 2013 shock pressure

S
Dec 30, 2008
hi,

I am new to Yamaha and i wonder if anyone could share what kind of psi would be ok on this sled.
Rider weight is about 200lbs fully geared.

just bought my sled and here is how the sled is set up.

about 90 psi front shocks.
55 psi rear front
160 psi rear shock.

C
Mar 29, 2016
I weigh a bit more, probably around 230 all geared up. I don't have air in the front but I am running 50 in front rear and 150 in rear. Seems to work ok for boondocking and carving but I bailed hard on the trail once already.

motojunkie101

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
Sorry for the late reply on this one, but you are close on the numbers. The front shocks may be a little high though. I would adjust by 5psi increments down to about 60 or until it just feels too soft for you. While not the same chassis, I ended up at 75psi for my viper. Rear I used to run 150 and 60 on the front of the skid when I ran a timbersled and floats. Everyone is different though, it will take a little adjusting to find your happy spot.

Always remember to have the weight off the shock when you adjust the pressure so you can keep things consistent.

Premium Features