• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Tek Vest...vs....EVS ballistic jersey

SNOWBUM101

Premium Member
Dec 28, 2009
Whitefish montucky
In the market to buy some new gear and just wanted some feed back on the types of chest protection!! every one seems to likes the tek vest tryed one on and it was nice!! but this ballistic jersey looks clean and slim with the same protection any feed back would be sweet!!!:face-icon-small-coo..... http://evs-sports.com/product/ballistic-jerseys/g6-ballistic-jersey/......

Last edited:

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I don't know the EVS one at all.

I have a TekVest pro lite (RMSHA legal) from about 2003. Still wear that. Feel naked without.

It adds warmth...sometimes too much. Offeres a lot of protection. Probably more than the trail versions. Good kidney protection around the waist and floating ribs.

I found one of these Fox Raceframe roost guards last week....might try it for warmer days.

51OhTMI0LOL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

S
Nov 27, 2007
Longmont,CO
i have a tek vest...can't wear it, get way too hot....i have a ballistic jersey with elbow/chest/shoulder/back pads...think it's a thor.....nice, got it at a local shop on sale for $100

SNOWBUM101

Premium Member
Dec 28, 2009
Whitefish montucky
That's the only bad thing i hear, is to hot for the tek vest, i run thermals and outer wear thats it and somtimes that to hot even with motor-fist :face-icon-small-con

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Got rid of my old tek vest because I got too hot. Got a klim one and seemed to fix the problem. They are mesh and the old one was solid cloth.

Z

zsnowshredder

Nov 30, 2007
Mancos, CO
My buddies with their tek vests are broiled by the end of the day. I have used the EVS BJ 22 for 4 or 5 seasons, better vented, better protection and I'm not a cooked lobster at the end of my ride.

2008_EVS_BJ22-Ultra_Ballistic_Jersey[1].jpg

D

driftjumper

Nov 29, 2007
www.exconfreeride.com
I wear a 661 pressure suit, it's very similar to the evs ballistic, thor impact rig, etc. There's no way any of them give you as much protection as a tekvest unless you're severely concerned about protecting your elbows. If I knew I was going to be ridden over by a sled.....especially one with studs...I'd wear a tekvest. Luckily there shouldn't be much chance of that happening while mountain riding!

I find it very uncomfortable to wear a tekvest and a pack at the same time. So i compromise a little on protection and I'm much more comfortable.

tdblakes

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010

a bunch in our group bought these. I tried one on and it was very comfortable and didn't restrict me at all. cheaper alternative to TekVest. The arm protection can be taken off leaving just a vest which is how I would ride with it. Havent had a chance to ride with one yet so I can't tell you if they're hot or stay cool... Just by the feel of it though I think it will keep you warm, count it as a layer. :face-icon-small-coo

I

Insaneboltrounder/sjohns

Nov 26, 2007
Ill be going with the EVS jersey. I just want protection from the bars and maybe a branch. The tek is too bulky and hot

T
Dec 6, 2011
Idaho
Thanks guys. The Tek Vest is a little flashy for me. I am going to buy that one for the Kid and go with the EVS for me. Might have to check out the jerseys also but I want full protection. Had an odd incident last year totaling a sled that really made me think. We tend to ride pretty light on layers unless we go way back so hopefully we will not be too hot. We will report back on the side by side comparisons.

Brap Brap Braaaaap!

Superduty348

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
BC
go with the tek vest style , it offers more side rib protection over the balistic styles. I use the tek vest for sledding and 661 for dirt biking. Broke a couple of ribs before I bought it, and now I always wear my tek vest when sledding.

Premium Features