• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

08 tnt mod

08TNT

Jan 24, 2008
North east, sd
wanting to long track my 08 tnt for the wife. Im trying to decide if i just want to go with a tunnel extension with ice age rails or if i should go all out and do a vanAmburg tunnel any suggestions???. as far as track i was also looking at a 141" powerclaw. or the 146 challenger lite.
all input is great. give me some ideas.

L

LRD

Mar 27, 2002
I have done this to my 08 TNT and am now working on my wifes 09 TNT.

On both of them I have moved the skid to the rear (front arm tunnel holes) about 4.25 inches and then make up the rest of extension with extension plates.

The wifes TNT am using short extensions about 4 " long from Tracks USA. Her sled is getting my old 16 X 137 X 1.75. You can now get this size track with 2" paddles I believe. This length track is right on the edge of still getting some cooling from the snow kicked up when the track comes around the rear axle so it hits the heat exchanger.

My sled is about as mod as you can get without a turbo. I just put in a camo (cat replacement track) 15 X 141 X 2.25 and it appears to have some cooling issues now. Snow is missing the exchanger in the rear so may have to get longer upper coolers (renegade) or move the shortys back to the rear bumper. Now my sled only weighs 365 lbs and part of the way I did that was
by deleting the front heat exchanger (4 lbs.) and I got away with it fine before the longer track with bigger paddles. This even though mine is big bore 629 and piped, high compression head, ported etc.

The link to the thread above is my sled and covers pretty much everything I did.

Oh yeah I move the skids back to soften the angle of attack so they act like a mtn sled and don't trench. My sled is amazing fun in the powder!!!!!!

Good Luck

P1000109(1).JPG P1000110(1).JPG post-5760-1205194198.jpg

L

LRD

Mar 27, 2002
Here is a pic of the 4.25" set back of the skid. Those holes are easy,
lot more work to make new rear drop brackets that are set back.

P1000132(1).JPG

08TNT

Jan 24, 2008
North east, sd
good to hear form you LRD. i have been following your thread on dootalk since day one. and i see you have some new updates. ive been wanting to do this for a while and now have the chance. i will probably be hitting you up with a ton of questions if you don't mind. and maybe next year we can get together for a ride in the hills. i live in south dakota. and would love to see how your sled works and get some help with setup next year on mine. again thanks for everything you have done. and an awesome build

L

LRD

Mar 27, 2002
Small world, I have a good friend from Mitchell I try to ride with in the Hills at least once a year in the Deadwood area. The 1.75 works really good in the Hills. In fact with my sled could be flat scary climbing through the trees with the Lite primary sometimes. My friend also has an 08 he put the 16 X 137 X 1.75 in but hasn't as many other mods to his.

Good Luck

Premium Features