• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best Nytro aftermarket front end set up for boosted Sleds?

Best Front End for Boondocking

• Timbersled Barkbuster Front End

Votes: 13 36.1%
  • West Coast Sleds Front end

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Z Broz Front End

Votes: 16 44.4%
  • Alternative Impact Front End

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • CR Racing Front End

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • MPI Front End

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
E

endeavorslc

Jan 11, 2008
Billings, MT
I have been searching through the forum trying to find something to address this issue. I have an 09' Stage II MPI Nytro with Stock front end and I am convinced there has to be something better. What set up is best for Boondocking, Hillclimbing, and Flat landers? I am particularly interested in the best front end for technical tree riding/boondocking! Let me know your thoughts!

Thanks,

Choices I know of:

1. Timbersled Barkbuster front end with Fox Float 2's
2. West Coast Sleds Front end with Fox Float 2's
3. Z Broz Front end with shocks
4. Alternative Impact Front End with Fox Float 2's
5. CR Front End with Fox Float 2's
6. MPI Front End (if they make a set up for Nytro) with Fox Float 2's

**** You could substitute Ohlins for Fox's in some of these applications, What are your guys thoughts*****

Please feel free to point out any other set up I may have missed!

Check out the poll

Last edited:
M

Menace1

Oct 23, 2008
Calgary
Front end

You forgot Ohlins shocks, can correct me guys but i believe they are #1. I have them, they work great!

Summitseeker

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2001
British Columbia
Maybe you should setup a poll? I have never done it but I do not think it is hard. Anyhow....I went with Timbersled with Fox Floats but I cannot comment on what else is available as I have only rode sleds with the TS and Fox setup. I think skis are a big part of boondocking/tree riding too so I would not leave that out.

Edit: Cool that you added the poll. I am going to vote for the only thing I know!

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2007
livingston MT
i have experience with MPI and Alternitive Impact. i would pick alternitive impact any day. go with Alternative. hes local and builds really good stuff, A+, no problems at all with Alt's arms

J

jpower6

Sep 14, 2009
If your boondockin in the trees, that means at some point your likely gonna hit a tree! And for hittin trees, go zbroz. Its what I have and they are actually stronger than stock... And they ride much better, and I am also using the floats with them! But for light weight I would go timbersled!

T

throttlecable

Dec 13, 2009
Fruita, CO
Altenative Impact A-arms give you a 41.5 stance with adjustable camber/caster. Also available in Ti or chromo. wich is significantly stronger, and lighter than stock. I use the Ti arms with Walker Evans Assault air shocks. This setup with swaybar removed is ideal for tight tree/technical boondocking, plus it is alot better for big hits/jumps and trashed out hillsides.

Premium Features