• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Revy - March Conditions

C
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary, AB
What a great weekend it was for sledding. I was amazed with all of the trucks/sleds in town Friday night, but must of cleared out the next day as there were 10 trucks in the parking lot on Sunday??? Was excellent riding with 2ft or more of fresh. Saturday was bluebird untracked all day long (can't tell you where), Sunday rode Boulder, was foggy up top, rode in the trees all days with no tracks, nice fluffy snow. Monday rode Boulder, was snowing like crazy and was warm, visibility was brutal and snow was really wet. With temps being so warm I imagine this weekend will be set up pretty bad, glad we pounded it out these past few days.

Thanks for the tune up on the seconday Turbo Al, she works good now and holds rpm's!

S

sledhed88

Dec 13, 2007
Woohoo hopefully theres still feshy! Did monster end up gettin pulled last weekedn??

S

sledhed88

Dec 13, 2007
Decent snow to be had, specially in the big climbs. Carefull tho!!! Went up main sugar bowl today an the whole face let go. Pulled a wicked chute in airport i believe (btwn sugar and super bowl in the backside???) Cheers

D
Jul 4, 2001
Central Alberta, Canada
Rode Hall Saturday....or I should say I followed a bunch of crazies who don't believe in using the logging roads to get to the alpine, choosing rather to navigate straight up the face through 4 feet of untouched powder in trees 3 feet apart....whew...Davey Boy was beat! You know you guides are nuts when you pop out onto an untouched mountain lake with all this powder and they just cut a track to the other side and head up further into the da%n trees! Revdawg and I just kind of looked at each other...said, where the he!! are they going!?! We're HERE!!" LOL. In any case, was fun. Rode Sale yesterday....similar snow....tracks from one small group the day before, lots of fresh to be found still.

IMG_0094 (Small).JPG IMG_0095 (Small).JPG

Last edited:
C
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary, AB
Tree banging is the best riding..... nice fresh soft pow.... carving an open meadow is nice for the first while, but riding in the trees is fun all day long...

D
Jul 4, 2001
Central Alberta, Canada
attachment.php

I like the trees too...Sale was cool. This pic shows what these crazies were into...there's two guys in there stuck.

C

crazyxprider

Nov 25, 2008
Innisfail, AB
If ya take a left at the Y at Hall and pull a good line straight up the face of the mtn. you can go right to the dildo. Ya might have to fight though the willows this year down low:D

-----------------------

08 xp 154
07 gsx-r 750
04 dodge 3500 5.9.................nothing is stock:D:beer;

G
Dec 6, 2007
I have rode there before, so I know where to park down on the road, but I was told you can't ride a plowed rode in B.C. at any time weekday or weekend, big fines. We rode there not knowing this a little while ago. So I was led to believe if you were to ride sale you would have to drive up to 6km, but there is almost no parking. We are there in a couple of weeks and would have my 4 place with me and I know the family wants to ride there. what do ya think?

Last edited:
N

NewfieBullet1973

Dec 20, 2007
We rode in Revy from Thurs to Sun last week - good snow Thurs-Sat - alittle harder to find fresh snow by Sunday but it was there to be found - excellent snow with good hookup. Rode Turtle on Friday - Blue Bird day among the first to get inside was the best day sledding in my life. Fresh pow and tons of sun.

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
I rode handlebar deep snow Friday through monday. On Monday Turtle was deeeep, down on the lakes. :D

Premium Features