• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

I Ware Glasses- Goggles or Modular?

rockdog2112

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2008
Cheyenne,Wy USA
Anybody out there have to ware glasses when they sled? What will work better, a helmet using goggles or a modular face shield set up?

O

Ollie

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 16, 2004
Colorado
Helmet using goggles and no fog wipes.
Also, use the quick strap, makes taking your helmet off easier.

Better visability.

J
Jun 11, 2005
Clearwater BC
Are you really asking for an honest opinion......about a modular helmet.....here???

Pat_Morita.JPG

BBBBBBAAAAWWWWWWHHHHAAAAAAAAA!!!!:D:D:D

J&L Snowhawk

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2008
Aberdeen, SD
stores.ebay.com
glasses suck

I used to wear glasses and IMO don't waste any money on anything but a skidoo style modular helmet. I tried everything and nothing worked worth a sh*** . I finally broke down and had lasic done so no more worries about poor vision. A good friend and my bro both use the skidoo helmets and work very well with glasses. Good Luck

rockdog2112

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2008
Cheyenne,Wy USA
I used to wear glasses and IMO don't waste any money on anything but a skidoo style modular helmet. I tried everything and nothing worked worth a sh*** . I finally broke down and had lasic done so no more worries about poor vision. A good friend and my bro both use the skidoo helmets and work very well with glasses. Good Luck

Unfortunately, Lasic isn't an option for me and I realize that modulars get abused around Snowest...alot. I just want what will work best. Will the new 509's work over glasses?

J
Jun 11, 2005
Clearwater BC
I have worn glasses when riding/racing since the mid '70's. Still haven't found the perfect setup, but a no-fog cloth & a set of Smith Turbo Fan's were always my favorite.

Using Scott Voltage X & glasses now with tons of no-fog + rain-x. Not bad, but still peel them off in the slow going when tree riding. Then can't see sh$t on the faster stuff because I don't have my goggles on:mad::mad:

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
Fortunately I can wear contacts, but still ride with my glasses from time to time. Goggles work better for me as well. Nothing is perfect and they (glasses) are a pain in the a$$ for sure. The goggles also help keep my glasses stay put on my face, rather than moving all over the place when riding hard without the goggles. Good luck, and the no fog cloth does help.

S

shwee

Jan 8, 2008
Fairbanks, Alaska
I can't imagine wearing glasses under my goggles. Go into a shop and try on goggles and then a modular with your glasses on. That should make the decision for you. Don't let someone else tell you what will work for you.

Last edited:
S

shwee

Jan 8, 2008
Fairbanks, Alaska
Fortunately I can wear contacts, but still ride with my glasses from time to time. Goggles work better for me as well. Nothing is perfect and they (glasses) are a pain in the a$$ for sure. The goggles also help keep my glasses stay put on my face, rather than moving all over the place when riding hard without the goggles. Good luck, and the no fog cloth does help.

And I figured wearing glasses under goggles would let in a lot of cold air. :eek:

J
Jun 11, 2005
Clearwater BC
Biggest problem is always the glasses fogging up inside the goggles.

The goggles are usually NOT the problem...it's the glasses inside that fog up. The Pro-Vue prescription goggle lenses are supposed to work well.

Anyone running those??

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
And I figured wearing glasses under goggles would let in a lot of cold air. :eek:

There are many brands of goggles designed to be OTG over the goggle. They seal up tight on your face. But like what was just said, until you start moving, there is no air moving inside the gogles and your GLASSES fog up very quickly if you dont wipe them with nofog. even then they still try to fog until you start moving. Once moving, the goggle/glass combo works quite well. Breathing hard, tight slow tree riding is a challenge for sure or digging out a stuck sled, for get it. Need to clear everything off before getting going again. I love my contacts, when I dont lose one!

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
check out habervision.com..they make a battery operated fan that mounts in the top of their goggles..it only runs when there is moisture present...they claim they work really good....

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Try contact lenses. Get yourself daily use lenses and you won't have to worry about solutions and all that BS. Contacts work way better than ***gin with glasses, why bother. Don't get a NMFH.

Premium Features