• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

STEERING POST

03RMK800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kremmling, Colorado
Looks like I will need to pull my steering post on my 2010 $ummit 800. Handlebars are cockeyed. What kind of bad job am I getting into? Any hints, comments and warnings are most welcome!

S

SledsWest

Sep 4, 2009
Sanpete County, UT
www.quadswest.com
I just replaced the steering post on my 08. It wasn't bad, a little more involved than what I anticipated but not bad. Just gotta take the plastics off the top around the handlebars and speedometer and take the bolts the hold the top and the bottom of the steering post in place. Don't let it scare ya, its only a few bolts. PM me if you have any questions.

03RMK800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kremmling, Colorado
Found the difference between the 2008 Main Post and the 2010 Main Post. All measurements, lenghts and angles of the main tube and ski-to-post attachments are the same. The change is on the bottommost flange.

On the 2008, the bottommost flange is flat, but has two little ears on it so its not just a simple flat sided, round flange. The 2010 bottom flange is a flat, round flange.
Nothing the grinder won't be able to fix.

S

swrev

Jun 26, 2008
Lewistown, MT
Biggest difference is the distance to the post where tie rods mounts. Here is a pic of a straight C3 post vs '09 post. '09 and '08 are the same and distance from post is further. It turns faster/harder in relation to bar movement. Pic is angled so it a little decieving, but the distance is a fairly substantial.

Photo182.jpg

liebherrcraneguy

Lifetime Membership
Sep 7, 2010
Definitely put the c3 post forward kit in. It makes the sled handle way better. Stock feels like a trail sled to me now. Definitely worth the hassle.

Premium Features