• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

aftermarket Drivers a must for TNytro?

S

SNAFU

Nov 26, 2007
Calgary
I don't know if changing drivers is a must, but I think most people are doing it. I am not turbo'd, but the first day I brought my Nytro home I changed mine out to Avid CNC'd drivers and replaced my track. My buddy has the stock drivers still on his sled and they looked worn where my Avid's still look almost new after a season of riding. I assume the problem with the stock drivers only gets worse with more HP. If you are changing your track then consider changing your drivers. If your keeping the stock 162" track, then maybe just monitor the drivers for wear and change them out later. Just a thought...

T

triple Black

Dec 11, 2008
Revelstoke BC
www.farwestfilms.com
I ran stock drivers the first season and after 1800km they looked similar to the way a dirtbike sprocket wears. You can milk them for a while but deffinatly plan on getting a set of avids! All the good installers out there will refuse to set you up with stock drivers now anyway. its the one extra you really need other than clutching....

dexter

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2007
Spun mine on the shaft at less that 600kms. That was before turbo. Definately change them to Avids (Have 2200kms on the avids with turbo, they look pretty wore but still work). Tried Whal on a sled before but found they were to soft and wore quite fast.

U

uzeste

Jan 20, 2008
Cold Lake AB
I wear the stock ones out first. You bought them might as well use them. Then go avids forsure wont take long haha

S

SylvanLaker

Nov 26, 2007
Sylvan Lake, AB. Canada
Wahl bros are excellent drivers as well and I have some in stock for $110 ea can. if you need a set. never heard of a set having issues yet.. Putting some on my sled as we speak..

Dave 403-396-1443

Premium Features