• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Impulse Turbo???

J

JTAB

Nov 26, 2007
Bozeman Montana
www.lientransportation.com
my kit

I replaced a BD gt28 kit with the race kit 2871 because I wanted responce and ridabilty. My sled last year was clutched to run 19-20 lbs with no head shim. This year I am running same clutching and I am running 14 lbs and a head shim and the clutching is spot on. Need I say more I am making the same HP with less boost and running pump gas. Throttle responce is instant and the header and turbo combo just plain work. BTW still using the BD intercooler Pual's won't fit with my sled. But his Idea of having it in the air flow is the way to go I moved mine up to catch air as well.:beer;:beer;

R
Aug 30, 2008
Where are you located? If you are located in Utah, you can see nytros and apexs that will blow your mind!!!

I live in Idaho...I am planning a trip to Farmington to ride the Chutes behind some ski resort there sometime in Feb...if I can get down that way.

I have been riding the franklin basin quite a lot lately and will be riding tony's when there is enough snow.

S
Oct 15, 2008
Bozeman-MT
I have owned several kits including Impulse, MCX, BD, Alpine. The truth is they are all excellent kits with small issues. How well they work on your sled is completely dependant on how good of a tuner you are. Chances are none of these kits will work spot on if set up per the builders recommendations. I have found this true on the Apex and the Nytro. You can take 2 brand new Nytro's set them up exactly the same and have 2 completely different working sleds. You have to give a sled what it wants to run and perform and for some reason this is different on every sled. Your buddies sled may be identical to yours, but for some reason you may have to have different fuel numbers to get the same results. Same with clutching and spring rates and tensions. I have also rode buddies sleds that are dialed and working spot on for them, but they just don't work for me. Also IMO any of the kits available if set up spot on will out perform any other kits if only tuned 95%. They all work on the exact same principal. Throttle response has nothing to do with how far pressure has to travel, at least not on a sled application, it has everything to do with how well managed the pressure is from the head to the injectors. I'm not convinced this is true however on the air intake side.

You can not go wrong with the Impulse kit. Just don't expect it to out perform a BD kits if the BD kit is set up better.

Last edited:
Premium Features