• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

04 edge what track?

B

boxster7614

Sep 20, 2008
I have a 04 800 Edge with a 900UBR I am thinking about running a different track. Curently I have a polaris 159 series IV 2.13 lug, this is a single ply ported track from tracks USA. They claim 52Lbs This seems to have a very soft paddel.

I was Thinking about a 162 challenger extreme 2.25 lug. weight claim 53Lbs Will this work with 8 tooth 3 pitch drivers Or would I need to go with a 7 tooth driver?

Is this upgrade even worth it? Does anyone have any info on how these tracks compare? I would think the Challenger might be a better all around track. Mabe a stiffer padel. But I have no experience with it. Does anone have an experience with it? Is it worth it or should I not waste my time and money?

I know the 2.5 lug Challenger Extreme has rave reviews, how does the 2.25 lug compare?

smwizzz

Lifetime Membership
May 6, 2008
Ft McMurray, AB
Re

Dude:

Why not go big or go home? It is my experience that you will just change it later anyway. Not sure that a 2 1/2 will fit that without a drop and roll. I know the 3 pitch changes things a bit and I don't know diameters but you have to watch gearing changes and another thing to consider is how tight you wind that track on a driver. The smaller the driver the harder it turns=more hp to turn it. I have an 02 edge with a mountain extreme 2.125". It rocks!!! Only thing is in spring it is a fast ride down. I also have a Nytro turbo with a 162 x 2 1/2 x 16. It rocks too. Gotta have the hp to run the track also. My 02 polaris spins a 151" and runs over 225 hp on a 990. The hp is transferred to the snow by a mountain addiction suspension. I have an m-10 on my yammy and wouldn't trade it for anything as the ride is insane. The mountain addiction on the other hand beats the crap outta ya on the trail, but in the steep and deep.... well, can't say when it was running right that anything blew it's doors off. Nothing less than turbo's and super mods can even compete with it. The combination is the key. The track is an important piece of the puzzle, but be aware you can mess up a good thing. If you want any info on your sled, a good bunch of us have messed with the edge chassis predominantly. PM me if you have any questions. I might be able to give you some good tips.

D.

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
Camo ex. all the way i'm running a 162 2.5 16 under my 04 its ported with sinlge pipe and it climbs well best mod i've done :D
i did the D/R (its a bit of a pain) also cleaned up the inside of the tunnel (grinded rivets) 7t avids 3'' pitch no isues
but if i were to do it again i would go 15 wide (less rubbing/more clearance)
there are guys running 7t avids with the 2.5 lug with no D/R with good results its tight but works

as for the 8t drivers not sure seems like it would clear using the 2.25 lug :confused:

don't have any time on a 2.25 ex. but got buddies that ride revs and the 2'' powdermax v. the 2.25 is a noticable difference so i would think that the same would apply to 2.25 v. 2.5
(the powdermax is pretty much the same as the camo ex.)

good luck

Last edited:
B

boxster7614

Sep 20, 2008
I really would like to put the 2.5 extrmeme on but it seems like I would have to pay full price I see quite a few of the 2.25 selling for alot cheaper? Unless sombody has a 2.5 They are selling?

So If I don't get the 2.5 is it worth switching out my polaris IV 159 for the Extreme 162 2.25? Will I even notice a difference or should I just save up my money and do the 2.5 latter?

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
If you ride a lot in set up spring type snow the 2.25 will be great but if your in soft stuff at all it will trench quite a bit more than your polaris track.

B

boxster7614

Sep 20, 2008
If that's the case mabe I will just stick with the polaris and save my money.

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
If you were going full blown to the 2.5 then it will matter. I do run the the polaris track and have no problems with it. But in the set up stuff the stiffer paddle will shine for sure.

Premium Features