• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SKI DOO OIL TANK CAP... A $14.99 alternative

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

Norway

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Thanks Tony, again! :face-icon-small-coo Forum member to the rescue yet another time. Good catch.

Got a problem? NO PROBLEM! Crank, pistons, power, weight, clutch, oil-cap, driveshaft, clutching, belt-drives, gearing, venting, YOU NAME IT! The forums will be on top of it and most likely come up with an affordable quality fix from its devoted members.

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
Show them the Cat rear bumper that fits on your Pro. Looks good sitting next to the new YamaCat.

Forgot about the M bumper I put on that I had laying around. haha

Any Yamaha parts that fit? Might as well go for it all.

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
$14.99 alternative

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418262525.257258.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1418262536.052600.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1418262544.508209.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1418262573.738759.jpg

Bought 2 one for the sled and one to dissect. Don't think the dissection is necessary because you can see how it works just by looking at the under side.

It has a lot more resistance to suction then the polaris one does when operational though.

Last edited:
S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
I bought 10 today. One for every piece of equipment I have plus one for my red polaris undies. I taped it on. Have to make sure my undies are vented or I will run into big issues.

Good find TRS!!!! Thanks!!!!

G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2002
Kamloops BC
Of course I ordered the paasso cap a week ago, and this thread shows up yesterday lol.. sonofa!! :face-icon-small-con:face-icon-small-hap

O

Oregonsledder

Jan 27, 2009
Bend Oregon
This may be a good solution to a POSSIBLE problem. What amazes me is how quick guys will accept something like this. I have yet to see a post on this thread that shows how the Doo cap works better, more reliably than the Polaris cap. I guess proof of a problem and proof of a solution isn’t required before a guy will buy 5 or 10 of theses. Amazing! I need to come up with something like this to sell. It would be easy to make a buck for sure! LOL

I think I will start watching the Doo forums for a while. There could be a run on Doo oil cap sales noticed, and some one will deduce that Doo has a cap problem and many are replacing them. If that occurs I will jump in and let them know that the Polaris cap fits well and is a winner!
The internet is so much fun! LOL

Last edited:
Y

yankeeslover

Dec 11, 2014
Does anyone know how this vents?

and does it vent both ways just in case the tank gets warm like in the summer? also, the doo tank is not by the belt and is not subjected to as much belt dust and dirt like the POO cap.... Does this look like it can be plugged up with belt dust?

Zrider

Lifetime Membership
May 7, 2003
Sparks, NV
This may be a good solution to a POSSIBLE problem. What amazes me is how quick guys will accept something like this. I have yet to see a post on this thread that shows how the Doo cap works better, more reliably than the Polaris cap. I guess proof of a problem and proof of a solution isn’t required before a guy will buy 5 or 10 of theses. Amazing! I need to come up with something like this to sell. It would be easy to make a buck for sure! LOL

I think I will start watching the Doo forums for a while. There could be a run on Doo oil cap sales noticed, and some one will deduce that Doo has a cap problem and many are replacing them. If that occurs I will jump in and let them know that the Polaris cap fits well and is a winner!
The internet is so much fun! LOL

Good stuff, Mr. A.

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
and does it vent both ways just in case the tank gets warm like in the summer? also, the doo tank is not by the belt and is not subjected to as much belt dust and dirt like the POO cap.... Does this look like it can be plugged up with belt dust?

Time will tell. Time testing needs to be done. The passo does not vent both ways, it is a one way check valve.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
DUCKBILL !!! QUACK QUACK.

According to this photo..the Doo cap uses a super simple Duckbill-Valve ...

So I see it working very well to vent at very low vacuum and not when rolled over. Time will tell. But it sure is an easy alternative and cheap to buy..Certainly will not be any worse than what is on there.

The only problems I could see is if the valve is not compatible with the oil you are using OR dirt gets sucked into the valve...Both unlikely.

Snomow pic
attachment.php

duckbill-expla.jpg

Last edited:
Premium Features